US Central Account Manager
The US Central Account Manager position is a critically important role for attaining Artel’s strategic business objective of gaining continued uptake and application of its powerful technology in leading life science labs. The ideal candidate must have several years’ experience in high level life science enterprise sales, with a proven track record of successfully managing key global Pharmaceutical, Diagnostics and CRO/CMO accounts as well as biotech and research accounts.
We are adding an Account Manager to our customer facing team in response to Artel’s expanding position as a laboratory partner with major life science accounts globally, and to support their growing requirements for increased laboratory productivity through more accurate and precise assays, optimized liquid handling and more efficient processes.
In this critically important role, you will be challenged with discovering customer needs and aspirations, structuring unique and powerful solutions, and nurturing beneficial and sustainable relationships. You will have the chance to capitalize on your understanding of life science technology and your expertise in enterprise sales and business, and also to exercise your talents in problem solving, leadership, communication and teamwork.
As part of the Artel family, you will see how Artel strives to create a work environment that motivates and inspires all our employees to be the best they can be, and to achieve personally meaningful goals which make a difference to the world and of which they can be proud.
Employees rate the company culture, team spirit and support of career opportunities as key ingredients in their professional growth and personal job satisfaction.
As an Account Manager you will be depended upon to make substantive contributions to Artel’s growth in the life science markets and its leadership position in the laboratory industry - through implementing strategic sales/marketing programs for the current and future range of products and services. You will have responsibility for a critical portion of Artel’s sales goals.
In support of your mission of developing new and strengthening existing accounts, you will work closely with other members of the Artel team – including senior management, R&D, inside and outside field representatives, marketing, technical and customer services personnel.
You will become familiar with the spectrum of needs and opportunities inherent in our customer profiles, develop expertise in Artel technology, products, services and the substantial benefits they can bring to laboratories, and take the lead in connecting and interacting with a wide range of client personnel including laboratory, procurement, operations and corporate management at all account locations.
As a strategically important representative in a highly competitive market:
- Pioneer productive relationships with new global accounts and expand Artel’s relationships with our current major accounts, through insightful comprehension of their technology requirements and their business objectives.
- Understand and address the critical needs and goals of laboratories within the pharmaceutical, diagnostics and CRO/CMO space that utilize analytical instrumentation and complex processes and demand exceptional accuracy and performance.
- Sell on value and improved outcomes, with a high level of understanding of the customer ROI potential derived from the benefits inherent in Artel products and services.
- Continually expand your comprehension of customer corporate objectives and strategy, and the critical connection of these with laboratory operations.
- Ensure sustainability of account relationships at all levels, through keeping abreast of account needs and aspirations and providing value with new solutions.
As a team player who thrives in a collaborative culture:
- Take the leadership role in the development of critical major accounts.
- Work in close coordination with internal team members at headquarters and with external sales and technical reps.
- Provide mentoring to Artels’ customer facing team to strengthen development of an enterprise sales oriented culture.
- Utilize established industry contacts to accelerate effective account mapping and networking.
- Engage with customer leaders, users and influencers at individual account sites countrywide, as well as at industry, market, and technical events.
- Collaborate with management and other stakeholders at Artel to craft and provide unique and powerful solutions to assist our major accounts achieve their business objectives. Play a critical role in strategic definition and roll-out of new products/services.
- Identify and effectively communicate strategic market gaps, needs and opportunities to senior management and R&D.
Travel required. Compensation includes base salary and incentive plan against key performance indicators.
- Exceptional integrity and high degree of personal accountability.
- Superior written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong sense of initiative, with the ability to work independently.
- Thorough understanding of the principles and practice of laboratory science.
- Ability to excel as a leader and to thrive as a contributor to a team.
- Highly motivated, goal oriented, and resilient; with a positive attitude and continual enthusiasm for addressing challenges.
- Disciplined and organized in managing time, travel and resources.
- Skilled with current office and communications technology. Facility with Salesforce CRM and CloudSuite ERP a plus.
- Exceptional comportment appropriate to representing Artel.
- Ideal candidate will be located in the greater Chicago, IL, St. Louis, MO or Indianapolis, IN areas with easy access to a major airport.
Education and Experience
- Undergraduate degree in science or technology with high academic standing. Advanced degree preferred.
- 5-10 years in a life sciences laboratory, including work with automated liquid handling processes, assays and instrumentation. Familiarity with the drug discovery, development and manufacturing processes and organizational structure within these companies. Experience in using Artel products/services a plus.
- High level enterprise sales experience to large multinational organizations, deal negotiation and contract drafting. Demonstrated ability to sell on a strategic level, delivering on and exceeding sales targets in drug discovery, diagnostics and analytical sciences markets. Experience in liquid handling instrumentation sales a plus.
While the job description says Indianapolis, the ideal candidate would reside in Indianapolis, St. Louis or Chicago area, close to a major airport and could work from home.