Senior Manager Financial Analyst (FP&A)
Personalis is looking to expand its core, talented Finance team by adding a seasoned experienced hands-on Senior Manager, Financial Analyst who can be a strong contributor to help prepare budgets, forecasts, and internal management reports. The successful candidate will be able to work with all functional departments to translate business thoughts and ideas into financial forecasts. This person will have a unique opportunity to participate in building the processes and tools necessary to establish the foundation for a world class FP&A function.
In this role, you will support senior leaders within various functional groups and be responsible for financial modeling, forecasting, and developing internal management reports. Our ideal candidate is a well-rounded top performer who can be a key contributor in a high-energy growth environment.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Drive the worldwide annual budgeting, forecasting, and planning process for revenue, expenses, headcount and capital expenditures for both current year and 5-year plans
- Construct and maintain the financial model that includes the P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow
- Work with the sales teams to develop the methodology to forecast revenue, beginning from pipeline, to bookings, and eventual revenue recognition
- Work with operations team to develop COGS forecasts and down to the individual cost component and identify key drivers for these costs
Monthly financial reporting (Internal):
- Create monthly internal management reporting packages in support of senior management
- Develop reports to track key performance indicators, and utilize charts or visual output for ease of review
- Develop revenue and margin reports comparing actual performance to budget
- Provide detailed variance analysis where required
- Preparation and/or assist with quarterly and annual Board of Directors and Audit Committee material
Ad Hoc Analysis:
- Develop various profitability analysis including by business, region, and product segment and aid in using these reports to drive improvements in the business. Prepare these reports monthly and quarterly in order monitor the business results.
- Analyze industry peers and comparable companies.
- Analyze and understand variances in all gross to net sales components and drive improvements in the process.
- Comply with all of the Company’s compliance controls applicable to the external reporting process by ensuring proper documentation and providing testing support; assisting with other special projects.
Minimum Position Requirements:
- Bachelor degree in Accounting/Finance/Economics, MBA/CPA a plus
- Minimum of 8 years’ experience in financial planning, analysis, modeling and forecasting
- Very strong Microsoft Excel skills with ability to gather and analyze large amounts of data at a macro and micro level.
- Experience using budgeting and reporting tools, including Adaptive planning and Tableau a plus
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proactive, organized, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task.
- Creative and innovative team player with a positive approach and a focus on business issues.
- Demonstrated ability to build successful relationships and partner with VP and Director level leaders.
- Able to work in a fast pace, dynamic environment.
Personalis is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabilities. Personalis offers a competitive compensation package.