Senior Research Associate
Senior Research Associate, Discovery Pharmacology
LOCATION: BERKELEY, CA – USA
REPORTS INTO: ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR, DISCOVERY PHARMACOLOGY
We are seeking a self-motivated, organized, and energetic researcher to conduct experiments that will inform the development of immune-modulating therapies for advancement into human clinical trials.
- Design and execute in vivo (mouse) and in vitro (cell-based) experiments to evaluate the potency and understand mechanism of action for various platforms, including the development antagonists for the cGAS/STING pathway for the treatment of autoimmune diseases.
- Degree in Immunology, Molecular and/or Cell Biology, Biology, or related field and the following relevant experience in preclinical research depending on education (BS/BA - minimum 6-8 years, MS – minimum of 4-6 years, PhD – 0 years).
- Experience with in vivo experimental design and procedures related to murine cellular immunology (e.g. organ harvests, cellular isolation, various ex vivoimmunological assays). Experience with autoimmune models is a plus.
- Proficiency using primary cell culture, cultured cell line, and sterile technique with experience in assay development. Knowledge of statistics and validation of cell-based assays is a plus.
- Demonstrated expertise with multicolor flow cytometry staining well as downstream analysis in FlowJo. Knowledge of Cytobank is a plus.
- Experience conducting routine immunoassays as well as common molecular biology and protein quantitation techniques.
- Capable of working independently (soliciting help when needed), including the ability to plan and execute experiments, analyze data and understand, interpret, and clearly and succinctly present results.
- Ability to contribute actively to an integrated research team, deliver clear and concise oral presentations, effectively collaborate with members of internal functional teams and external collaborators and CROs and participate in discussions regarding experimental results and next steps.
- Ability to manage budget and timelines for external CROs and collaborations for various projects.
- Must be organized and detail-oriented with meticulous record keeping.
- Proficiency in standard software (e.g. MS Office and graphing programs such as Prism)
- Friendly, approachable, respectful, with excellent written and verbal communication skills.