Senior Data Engineer
Global Commercial Operational IS is looking for a talented Data Engineer, who is curious to learn and able to develop data engineering and data analytics solution in a fast-moving environment. Candidate will work closely with senior data engineer and product owner/business analyst to understand the requirement. This role will be part of the newly established technical/engineering team, develop data flow pipelines to extract, transform, and load data from various data sources in various data format to enterprise data lake and data warehouse system in three regions in AWS. Provide data analytics and predictive analysis to business users.
- Be a key team member assisting in design and development of the Data pipeline for Global Data and Analytics team
- Collaborate with Data Architects, Business SME's, and Data Scientists to design, develop end-to-end data pipeline to meet fast paced business need across geographic regions
- Build data products and service processes which perform data transformation, metadata extraction, workload management and error processing management.
- Implement standardized, automated operational and quality control processes to deliver accurate and timely data and reporting to meet or exceed SLAs.
- Adhere to best practices for coding, testing and designing reusable code/component
- Contribute to the Exploration and understanding of new tools, and techniques and propose improvements to the data pipeline
- Integrate the operations data platform with other Amgen enterprise data lake platform/product
- Participate in sprint planning meetings and provide estimations on technical implementation; Collaborate and communicate effectively with the product teams
- Act as a run manager, provide Run/DevOps support
- Travel - Approximately 15% of work time
Master's degree and 3 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelor's degree and 5 years of Information Systems experience
Associate degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems experience
- BS or MS in Computer Science or Engineering related fields
- 5+ years of hands-on experience with SQL, preferred Oracle, postgreSQL, and Hive SQL
- 5+ years of experience with data modeling for both OLAP and OLTP databases, performance tuning for relational database, NoSQL datastore, and columnar database;
- Experience working with Apache Spark, Apache Airflow
- Experience with Software engineering best-practices, including but not limited to version control (Git, Subversion, etc.), CI/CD (Jenkins, Maven etc.), automated unit testing, Dev Ops.
- Experience with AWS cloud services: EC2, S3, EMR, RDS, Redshift/Spectrum, Lambda, Glue, Athena, API gateway
- Full stack development using cloud services (AWS preferred) and cloud-native tools and design patterns (Containers, Serverless, Docker, etc) is a plus.
- Hands on development experience with Informatica MDM product
- Experience working agile development methodologies such as Sprint and Scrum
- Biotech / Pharma experience is a plus
Amgen discovers, develops and delivers innovative human therapeutics. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen was one of the first companies to realize the new sciences promise by bringing safe, effective medicines from lab, to manufacturing plant, to patient.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.