We are seeking a highly experienced scientific leader who will join us as Director of Pharmacology at BioDuro (Shanghai site). The successful candidate must have strong expertise in one or several areas of in vivo studies including but not limited to: immunology and inflammation, cardiovascular, renal, liver, fibrotic and metabolic diseases. She or he will be expected to have a good grasp of the current trends and needs in drug discovery and lead the innovation to build new disease models of high scientific and business values. The successful candidate should have excellent written and oral communication skills, strong leadership experience, and the ability to prioritize options, anticipate challenges, and execute on goals in a fast-paced and customer-oriented environment.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Builds and leads a high-performance pharmacology department, provides effective mentorship and performance management. Ensures delivery on top financial and productivity goals and maintenance of customer satisfaction.
• Fosters transparent and supportive communications with clients, project teams, and internally with other cross-functional business units and stake-holders. Technical support for BD work with quotations and contract discussions.
• Oversees the study designs, model validations, and execution of all in vitro and in vivo pharmacology projects. Ultimately responsible for data quality and integrity, and timely and professional reports of experimental results to clients or project teams.
• Leads the identification and implementation of new disease models that are critical to expand BioDuro capabilities and fulfill customer needs in cutting-edge drug discoveries.
• Ensures proper training and full compliance of EHS rules and IACUC guidelines in animal studies for all members of the pharmacology department.
Education and Work Experience Requirement:
• Ph.D. in pharmacology, physiology, or a related biological science discipline with 10+ years of work experience, preferably in a Biotech/Pharmaceutical/CRO setting
• Demonstrated deep expertise in one or several areas of in vivo studies including but not limited to: immunology and inflammation, cardiovascular, renal, liver, fibrotic and metabolic diseases.
• Broad experience in drug discovery and in PK/PD studies to support IND filing.
• In-depth knowledge and experience in certain disease areas (e.g. immunology, oncology or metabolic diseases) is highly desirable.
• A successful track record of managing a relevant business unit at a CRO is a strong plus.