Section Manager, Quality Control- Microbiology
AbbVie Bioresearch Center (ABC) is seeking a Section Manager, Quality Control- Microbiology to join their team in Worcester, MA.
- Provide supervision in the daily activities of personnel:
- Establishes priorities and coordinates activities of direct reports.
- Responsible for people management activities including:
- Coaching, performance review, resolution of personnel issues.
- Coordinate training of direct reports.
- Sample Life Cycle Management:
- E.g LIMS, Retains, Sample Metrics, etc.
- Oversees the environmental monitoring and utility monitoring programs.
- Understand microbiological laboratory assays and is able to interpret experimental data for conformance with product/material specifications.
- Assist in troubleshooting microbiological assays.
- Familiarity with microbiological studies that support laboratory methods.
- Oversees, appropriate disposition of all samples through the timely release of complete, accurate test results.
- Assists in assuring laboratory is in compliance with appropriate regulatory requirements.
- Coordinates projects as directed by department manager to implement efficiencies in business process improvements.
- Assist in writing and/or reviewing investigations.
- Writes/revises procedures as necessary
- Maintains trend reports, backlog report, and document error reports which support departmental performance.
- Participates in selection, hiring, training, termination, promotion or placement of employee in their group.
- May be responsible for one or more shifts. Facilitate shift communication meetings.
- Participate with teams and projects as assigned by manger.
- Conduct performance reviews of direct reports.
- Assist with employee development.
- Performs tasks in a timely manner as assigned by department manager.
- BS degree in Science with 8+ years of experience; MS with 6+ years of experience; PhD with 4+ years of experience.
- Supervisory experience with demonstrated organizational abilities, leadership qualities, and effective communication skills
- Should be familiar with microbiology related sciences and business
- Shows broad understanding of the issues relevant to technical/science and business
- Should have related knowledge in Product Quality Control, Quality Control Lab Operation and Regulatory requirements.
- Has the ability to work independently to meet operational goals and business needs.
- Has the ability to make operational and business decisions with minimum direction from immediate manager.
- Must have knowledge and skill in personnel management.
- Must be able to interact and establish positive interaction with internal/external customers.