Associate IS Prog Analyst - Data and Analytics
Amgen is seeking a Senior Associate Information System (IS) Programmer/Analyst to join the Enterprise Engineering & Analytics (EEA) group for Data Engineering and Analytics services and will be responsible for design, develop and implementation of Data & Analytics platforms. The Senior Associate IS Prog Analyst will be part of application build team and will be up to the challenge of blending the fast-changing technology landscape of Data & Analytics with the complex and high-impact space of pharmaceutical analytics.
The Senior Associate IS Programmer Analyst will report to the Sr Manager Information Systems - Business Intelligence and Advanced Analytics based at Amgen's Capability Center in Tampa, FL. At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients. Our new Tampa Capability Center provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the-art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the world's leading biotechnology companies
EEA services include Advanced Analytics and Data Integration, Big Data technology services, Information Discovery and Search, Information Architecture, and DevOps.
Key Activities include:
- Work as a full stack developer within the Data and Analytics Platforms team that uses several Data, Integration & Analytics technologies
- Design, develop, test and implement data processing applications using technologies like Hadoop/S3/Kafka/Python/Databricks/Snaplogic/etcetera
- Design, develop, and provide implementation of data visualizations, dashboards, tools, and utilities using Open Source technologies (Java/J2EE, Angular JS, HTML, D3, etc.) in support of data and analytics applications
- Research and evaluate technical solutions including various Data and Analytics tools, Data Science workbenches, AWS Services, NoSQL databases with a focus on enterprise deployment capabilities like security, scalability, reliability, maintainability, etcetera
- Code and perform unit and integration testing of software to ensure proper and efficient execution and adherence to business and technical requirements
- Write technical documentation to support the platforms
- Continually improve/enhance platform capabilities
- Collaborate with business partners and business analysts to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Assist with estimating level of effort and hours required for each phase of a project
- Ensure projects and deliverables are completed on time and within budget
- Provide Run/DevOps support for the platforms
- Prepare and maintain communication materials like roadmaps, position papers, presentations, demos and socialize the materials with our business clients and partner IS services
- Deliver results in an environment consisting of diverse global and matrixed partners; including non-dedicated resources
- Effectively manage relationships with internal business partners, service partners, and vendors
- Travel: International and / or domestic travel up to 5% may be essential
Associate degree and 4 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 6 years of Information Systems experience
- 1+ years of experience working on Data & Analytics technologies
- Full stack development experience building large scale data visualization and analytics applications in production environments
- Experience working on visualization and front-end technologies like D3, Angular, Tableau, etcetera
- Programming experience in languages like Python, Java, node JS, Angular JS, etcetera
- Working knowledge of AWS technologies such as EMR, S3, and EC2.
- Background in data modeling, object-oriented programming and/or functional programming
- Understanding of stream processing
- Understanding of Cloud Technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Understanding of at least one RDBMS (Postgres, MySQL, MSSQL, Oracle, etc.)
- Experience working with various IT development techniques like Agile and DevOps
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
The invaluable contributions of our talented Tampa team will help us develop the vital and innovative medicines that treat serious illness and unmet medical needs around the globe.