Associate Director, Patient Services Quality
The Associate Director of Quality Systems reports into the Director of Enterprise Excellence for US Patient Services (Team X-Factor). This role is responsible for developing and driving the Quality strategies, methodologies and roadmap to drive process improvements to provide a superior experience for both internal and external stakeholders for patient services for all brands. This role is also responsible to establish and maintain a culture of excellence to ensure a superior experience for partners and patients that will deliver desired outcomes and enable timely, informed decisions.
- Ensure customer experience quality to support patient satisfaction, to maintain and improve and escalation tool and process, role-based QM, and compliant management.
- Establish and improve documentation standards with a documentation center and documentation retention, change control processes, standard operating procedures and a role-based journey map tool
- Enable management review and metrics through program health checks, evidence-based decision making, establishing critical success factors and key performance indicators, efficiency and waste management, and training effectiveness
- Drive continuous process improvement through process mapping, risk-based process controls, corrective and preventive actions (CAPA), Six Sigma and Lean Six Sigma, and a suggestion box.
- Makes significant contributions to identifying overall process and/or technology improvements. Lead a continuous improvement effort that results in business simplification and gained efficiencies throughout the business. Operate as a key leader in our quality efforts and be the champion of establishing the environment of continuous improvement. Work to integrate the quality system into all that we do, including project management, metrics and performance review process.
- Stakeholder Management: Responsible for engaging existing Enterprise Excellence partners, identifying new partners, providing awareness to key programs, set expectations, influence decisions, and maintain good relationships.
- People Management: Responsible for managing a team of quality managers.
- Resource Management: Responsible for making significant contributions to the development resource management strategy and organizational structure of multiple business and/or technology domain.
- Liaison and Relationship Building: Builds collaborative relationships and effectively interacts frequently with business and/or technology senior leadership and vice presidents. Interactions focus on top priority project and influencing strategic decisions. Interacts well with diverse groups across business and technology functions and maintains strong working relationships with internal and external collaborators.
- Culture: Consistently demonstrate Abbvie's Ways of Working and Leadership Attributes including an enterprise mindset and people leadership. Effectively manages performance, provides timely feedback, appropriately rewards and recognizes valuable achievement, develops talent, and creates a succession pipeline. Understand and execute AbbVie's vision, goals and strategies. This role has accountability for the performance and results strategically important functions.
- Position requires BS degree in a science related area. Master's degree and work experience in the pharmaceutical industry preferred.
- 10+ years of Audit and Compliance experience with some situational leadership experience.
- This role requires strong organizational skills, strategic thinking, project management leadership skills and strong understanding of the patient services and pharmaceutical business.
- Proven ability to drive outstanding employee performance and engagement through developing, coaching, motivating, energizing and inspiring team members.
- Requires an in-depth understanding of the pharmaceutical patient centricity and customer service oriented.
- The position requires human relations and administrative skills necessary to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team members, co-leaders and senior leadership in Commercial, Business Technology Services, Legal, OEC, Manufacturing Operations, Global Medical Affairs, Promotions, Brand teams, and Global Patient Services.
- The individual must possess sound judgment in evaluating and establishing compliance strategic plans as well as in day-to-day situations.
- Conflict resolution skills including persuasive management techniques required.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal skills required. Ability to communicate concepts and problems in terms that are understandable to all levels of the organization, including C-Suite.
- Experience managing teams of at least 3 people with a resource mix of managers, employees, matrixed teams, virtual teams, contractors and managed service providers
- Quality certifications preferred: CAPA, ASQ, Six Sigma, Audit