Sr. Associate IS Security Engineer - Directory Administration
Amgen is seeking a Sr. Associate IS Security Engineer to join the Digital Identity and Access Services team and will participate in the integration, and support of Amgen's Microsoft Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Oracle LDAP, and PKI environments as well as related directory-based technologies (e.g. password self-service, shared account password management, etc.).
The Senior Associate will report to the Manager Information Security based out of Amgen's Capability Center in Tampa, Florida. At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients. Our new Tampa Capability Center provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the-art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the world's leading biotechnology companies.
Digital Identity and Access Services at Amgen is a core group responsible for managing all the enterprise directories, identity provisioning and access management/ governance solutions, single sign-on tools, privileged identity management, PKI and other authentication platforms. This team is at the fore-front of enterprise architecture and security at Amgen and is passionate about providing solutions with great end user experience.
Key Activities include: -
- Be the Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Active Directory (on-premises and Azure), PKI, Oracle LDAP and various related systems and work as the liaison between the business and the technical staff to provide a translation of business requirements/issues to technical requirements/issues and vice-a-versa
- Partner with the other Identity teams to engineers to implement solutions for cloud, mobile and on-premise applications.
- Conduct, lead, or provision technology and service reviews to baseline and set service improvement goals and initiatives
- Provide support and consultation to clients or project teams to identify requirements and assist with application configurations and deployments utilizing Amgen's directories
- Monitor operational and performance statistics for managed systems to ensure reliability and availability and work with the operations team to maintain growth statistics, space forecasts, etc. Participate in production change controls
- Resolve issues escalated from Amgen's operational teams and provide expert level troubleshooting for issues that bridge subject areas and technologies beyond team capabilities
- Create and maintain technical documentation such as SOPs, design documents, operational drawings, manuals, etc.
- This position may have after hours responsibilities
Bachelor's degree and 2 years of Information Systems experience
Associate's degree and 6 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma/GED and 8 years of Information Systems experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory skills including AD LDS and Azure AD
- Knowledge of Microsoft Windows: 2008/2012/2016 and LDAP directories
- Knowledge of PKI (Public Key Infrastructure)
- Working knowledge of DNS and WINS
- Scripting skills such as PowerShell, Perl, VB Script, etc.
- Good written and verbal communication skills
One or more of the following certifications, including but not limited to:
- Certified Information Security Manager (CISM)
- CompTIA Security+
- Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP)
- SANS Global Information Assurance Certifications (GIAC)
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
The invaluable contributions of our talented Tampa team will help us develop the vital and innovative medicines that treat serious illness and unmet medical needs around the globe.