Associate Director, Managed Markets Contracting & Analytics
This position is responsible for analyzing and providing recommendations for potential Managed Markets Contract offerings. The analysis and recommendations provide for fact-based decisions of the Contract and Pricing Committee. He/she will provide analytical and strategic support to the Managed Markets functions, and works collaboratively with various other functions including Finance, Sales, Marketing, and Corporate Legal teams.
Essential Job Functions
- Apply third-party data sources such as MMIT, Pharmametrics, SHA, and customer data to pricing and contract analysis and reporting, including formulary coverage, payer formulary control, claims analysis, rebates, Rx volume, sales data, and pricing
- Monitor, maintain and report on status of proposals, contracts and rebate settlement, develop and issue monthly analytics, and support ad hoc data requests and analytics
- Project and model potential impact of payer contracts and discounts on gross and net sales
- Work with Account and Sales teams to develop pull through initiatives and assessments
- Provide operational support in conjunction with the implementation of product launches and promotional pricing by creating agreement templates
- Communicate with National Account and Trade teams to understand customer needs and business opportunities.
- Analyze brand sales potential within various markets such as Commercial, Medicare, Medicaid
- Develop potential deal and no-deal scenarios for contract proposals
- Track, measure and report contract performance and coverage by payer and markets
- Work with leadership to identify and recommend potential product prescriber mixes based on reimbursement opportunities
- Understand volume of product within the sales channel and potential impact on product returns
- Responsible for contributions to and/or creations of standard operating procedures and the maintenance of those procedures
- Participate in process innovations to develop/identify procedural gaps, drive for improvements, efficiencies, achieve results and enhance customer relationships
- Ability to collaborate and work with individuals at all levels of the organization, including Finance, Marketing, Legal, Sales, and internal and external business associates
Education and Experience
- BS/BA degree with a concentration in Science, Education, Business or Marketing is required
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant Managed Care rebate contracts and pricing analysis experience in biotech or pharmaceutical fields is preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years of relevant marketing, finance or sales experience in the biotech or pharmaceuticals fields is preferred
- Requires expert knowledge and experience in data extraction, analysis and reporting over large datasets using tools such as Tableau, advanced skills in Excel and Access, visualization of quantitative business information, and understanding of third-party data sets such as IMS, SHA and MMIT
Skills and Abilities
- Strategic thinking
- Leading without authority
Assertio Competencies Include
- Decisions & Judgment
- Ownership & Initiative
- Adaptability & Change Readiness
- Teamwork & Collaboration
- Ability to sit for long periods of time. Remaining upright on the feet
- Ability to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust
Accommodations for Applicants with Disabilities
Assertio is proud to create a culture of inclusion and diversity and be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, national origin, genetics, disability, age, sexual orientation or veteran status.
We provide reasonable accommodations to qualified applicants with disabilities and to disabled veterans in accordance with the ADA. If you require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process due to a medical condition or disability, please email email@example.com or call 224-441-6867 for assistance.
For more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please click here.