Associate Director, Emerging Channel Insights - Payor and Policy
The Associate Director of the Emerging Channel Insights team, will play an important new role in AbbVie's Market Analytics and Business Insights Team supporting the evolving Market Access organization. The team will be focused on providing insights and analytics into 1) engagement strategies with emerging economic decision makers such as Employers, Benefit Consultants and Organized Providers, and 2) understanding impacts of Private/Govt. healthcare policies and emerging portfolio-wide events/ issues in the Market Access landscape (i.e. growing 340B, Accumulator/ Maximizer, etc...) across multiple therapeutic and customer segments .
This individual will closely collaborate with internal Market Access Marketing stakeholders from Health Systems/Employers, Payor Channel, Policy teams; Field Based Account Executives within the Hospital Systems teams; and leaders within Government/Public Affairs, Legal, Finance, Pricing, HEOR, and Medical Affairs. The remit of the individual will be to influence AbbVie strategies and policies through insights, including the assessment of strategic and financial implications of market dynamics related to both existing and proposed policy proposals. With a focus on these Emerging Stakeholders, this role will help to inform and influence AbbVie U.S. Commercial toward having an appropriate strategies and capabilities in place for our current products, as well as future pipeline products.
Key Responsibilities Include:
The Associate Director is for research and analytics addressing high urgency portfolio-wide issues that inform AbbVie's strategies and policy positions.
Key areas of functional scope include:
- Leading the insights (primary research & analytics) deliverable for portfolio-wide issues and market trends for emerging stakeholders and anticipating their needs.
- Provide a perspective current market events, healthcare policy changes and implications to AbbVie U.S. portfolio and strategy.
- Conducting primary research to understand needs of stakeholders such as Health Systems, Employers, Benefit Consultants and Advocacy Groups.
- Address the impact of high urgency, portfolio-wide issues and/or initiatives such as 340B, Accumulators, benefit design changes, Medicare Part D program design, CMS policy changes.
- Support "Above Brand" initiatives such as Stakeholder Segmentations, Follow the Money mappings, capability building, etc...that require a high level of experience, project management and organizational influencing skills.
Supervisory / Management Responsibilities
- Exempt Direct Reports: none
- Required: Bachelor's degree in one of the following fields: Market Research, Statistics, Economics, Actuarial Science, Decision Sciences, Operations Research, Engineering, or Applied Mathematics;
- MBA Preferred,
Background/Desired Skill Set
The Emerging Channel Insights leader should have the following background:
- Working knowledge of multivariate statistics, analytical software and pharmaceutical data sources (IQVIA, Symphony Health, IHS, MMIT/ Fingertip Formulary/Business One Technologies, HIRC, etc....).
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in market analytics, and field sales support in the pharmaceutical or related industry
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in market access with significant subject matter expertise with Health Plans, PBMs, Hospital Systems, Specialty Pharmacies and Healthcare Policy. .
- Strong story telling skills; ability to distill complex information synthesized into concise and impactful messages and communications.
- Demonstrate strong team collaboration with business stakeholders and Commercial Analytics and Operations partners.
Position will be filled as a grade 19 or 20, based on candidate experience.