Sr. Scientist, Toxicology, Non-Clinical Development & Clinical Pharmacology
REVOLUTION Medicines discovers and develops new drugs that translate frontier cancer targets through exceptional drug discovery delivering revolutionary medicines on behalf of cancer patients. Our innovative science draws inspiration from nature and evolution, which offer insights into cancer targets, disease mechanisms and therapeutic approaches. As a new member of the RevMed team, you will join other outstanding scientists who are helping lead our efforts in the discovery and development of new medicines for unmet needs in cancer.
In anticipation of the Company’s growth plans, we are seeking a Toxicologist to lead safety strategies for small molecule discovery programs and work in close collaboration with colleagues in Research and Development to enable the advancement of portfolio programs. The ideal candidate will deliver a balanced assessment of the risk/ benefit profile associated with a drug candidate by integrating pharmacology/ toxicology studies and engaging with stakeholders to align on a tractable clinical development plan. Further, the ideal candidate will:
- Function as a project toxicologist on drug discovery project teams and be a strong advocate for safety assessment.
- Design and oversee nonclinical toxicology programs and strategies to advance pipeline of small molecule cancer therapeutics.
- Develop and implement target de-risking and screening strategies in discovery teams to support safety lead optimization efforts.
- Develop issue mitigation and resolution strategies for toxicities observed in vivo.
- Evaluate and partner with external CRO for study placement and protocol development, which are aligned with Pharmacology and DMPK functions.
- Ensure timely and accurate nonclinical study deliverables of projects to enable compound progression and decision-making.
- Analyze, interpret, and summarize nonclinical safety data and present and contextualize meaningful findings and recommendations to internal project teams and leadership.
- Lead investigative efforts into mechanisms of toxicity as needed.
- Opportunity to do drug development as project transitions from discovery to development or support current development programs.
Required Experience, Skills, and Education:
- Ph.D. degree in toxicology, biology, pharmacology or a related discipline with 3+ years of relevant biotech/pharma drug discovery/development experience in a team-facing role.
- DABT certification is desirable.
- Experience with small molecules; prior experience with targeted oncology therapeutics highly desirable.
- Strong scientific background and scientific aptitude with excellent critical thinking and scientific skills.
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively on cross-functional project teams; demonstrated ability to multi-task, prioritize options, anticipate challenges, and execute on goals as a member of an interdisciplinary team is extremely important.
- Excellent verbal, presentation and written communication skills.
- Thrives in a collaborative team setting and is driven by a desire to be innovative in a high energy, small company environment.