Scientific Biomarkers Director
Cohen Veterans Bioscience (CVB) is seeking a Scientific Biomarkers Director to drive operational strategy and execution excellence for CVB's translational research program.
Reporting to the Chief Scientific Officer, the Scientific Biomarkers Director will lead and coordinate scientific activities across CVB’s departments as these programs relate to CVB’s overall strategy. A main focus of the translational science department is the discovery and validation of biomarkers in trauma-related disorders, and the Scientific Biomarkers Director is expected to independently support these biomarker efforts. Ideally, the position is based in NYC or Boston, but candidates in other locations will be considered.
- Define, build, and lead CVB’s biomarkers’ programs and strategy
- Work across the spectrum of stakeholders and departments to advance the discovery and validation of biomarkers in pre-clinical and clinical studies
- Perform analyses of the scientific landscape and engage with outside subject matter experts
- Independently prepare program-related reports and presentations to internal and external parties
- Assist/ lead the preparation of white papers and publications
- Track program progress, identify potential issues, and proactively recommend mitigation plans
- Represent CVB at advisory and scientific meetings
- Work with outside biomarker service providers to execute competitive cross-platform comparisons
- Participate in the development and implementation of other key organizational process improvement initiatives
- Advanced degree (e.g., PhD or PharmD)
- 3-5 plus years in leading biomarker-related programs and projects in industry or academia, with a focus in neuroscience
- A core requirement is to have strong working knowledge of assay development and validation in at least one omics-technology such as proteomics, transcriptomics, or metabolomics
- Understanding of biomarker commercialization and regulatory strategies is a plus
- Understanding of the statistical consideration for biomarker-related studies
- Must possess strong capabilities for both strategic thinking and attention to detail
- Must have strong decision-making and project management skills
- Must be comfortable with public speaking and communicating both verbally and in writing
- Willing to challenge the standard thinking with new ideas, new approaches, and new solutions
- Demonstrate skills in leadership, management, and collaboration
- Must be self-directed and able to work independently
- Proven ability to quickly earn the trust of key stakeholders and mobilize and motivate teams
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office PowerPoint, Word, Excel, and Project Management Tracking software
- Excellent English communication, negotiation, and interpersonal skills
- Must possess excellent team building, training, and facilitation skills
- Ability to travel approximately 10% of the time
Cohen Veterans Bioscience is a national, nonpartisan research 501(c)(3) organization dedicated to fast-tracking the development of diagnostic tests and personalized therapeutics for the millions of veterans and civilians who suffer the devastating effects of trauma-related and other brain disorders.
CVB is an Equal Opportunity Employer
We offer a highly competitive salary commensurate with experience and a full benefit package. Please send your resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to the "apply" button below.