Ciao! At Dompé , our success is rooted in our team and our history. We are a private, rapidly growing global biopharmaceutical company. Founded in Milan, Italy, we have a 165-year legacy of medical innovation. Dompé’s rich history has greatly influenced its priorities today: to innovate for the benefit of patients facing both everyday wellness needs and rare conditions. Dompé operates in two strategic areas in select markets around the world: Primary Care, which includes prescription and over-the-counter products; and Biotechnology and Rare Disease, which recently expanded into the United States.
Today Dompé has 700 employees worldwide and we are excited to be rapidly scaling in the United States. Our R&D hub is currently based in Boston, and the commercial organization is housed in the San Francisco Bay Area.
The Communications Manager supports the General Manager and will be a member of the U.S. organization supporting Dompé’s new breakthrough therapy, the first-ever ophthalmic biologic product for patients suffering from neurotrophic keratitis, a rare eye disease.
Your role is important! As one of the primary communicators for the company, the Communications Manager will lead internal and external communications, with a focus on:
1. Product public relations
2. Attracting and retaining employees through internal communications and social media
3. Introducing Dompé to the U.S. market.
A ‘day in the life’ of the Communications Manager will include developing and communicating accurate scientific information about our existing products and our rich clinical development pipeline to both internal and external stakeholders. This includes the reporters and producers who cover healthcare news. You get to be the boss too, helping to manage the PR agency of record for Dompé.
We are seeking team members who will live by and promote the core values of our Dompé culture: Integrity, Speed, Knowledge, Passion, Attention to Detail, Reliability, Flexibility and Teamwork. We are looking for individuals who possess an entrepreneurial spirit, flexible attitude, and adaptable nature to join our team.
MAIN RESPONSIBILITES OF A COMMUNICATIONS MANAGER
- Be an expert on the internal pipeline programs and milestones and plan for them; recommend the most appropriate methods to communicate to the audiences of interest, create and disseminate content through agreed channels
- Develop external communications cadence, write press releases, obtain internal approvals for content, and collaborate with our external PR partner to reach external audiences.
- Serve as the face of the company with patient advocacy organizations.
- Develop and maintain relationships with editors of ophthalmology trade media publications. Develop knowledge of editorial calendars, liaise with editors and respond to trade media requests. Understands dynamics of media relationships, e.g. delivering pre-briefings under embargo.
- Build and evolve corporate relationships with major physician membership organizations, including American Academy of Ophthalmology and American Association of Cataract and Refractive Surgeons.
INTRODUCE OUR COMPANY
- Co-develop our social media calendar with the headquarters team in Milan, generating content and ensuring that English-langauge content is compelling, accurate, and on-brand.
- Oversee the content for the English-language version of Dompe.com, including development of regular updates to the homepage.
- Lead content development and implemntation for a major website update planned for late 2019 or early 2020.
- Collaborate with the leadership and human resources teams to build and support the company culture through internal communications; develop and execute against an editorial calendar, and prepare in advance for events of interest.
- Produce reactive communications for the leadership team to share with employees and assist with response to market events as needed.
YOU COULD BE THE PERFECT FIT IF YOU HAVE:
- An undergraduate degree in Communication, Public Relations, or a related field (required)
- 3 + years’ experience in corporate communication or public relations, ideally in a commercial-stage pharmaceutical or biotech company
- Experience in “start-up” environments
SKILLS YOU’LL NEED FOR SUCCESS: TECHNICAL
- Strong working knowledge of Principles on Responsible Sharing of Truthful and Non-Misleading Information About Medicines
- Experience with varied types of writing, including internal communications, pitch emails, and press releases
- Demonstrated ability to exercise judgment and discretion in handling confidential information and situations
- Excellent professional written and verbal communications skills
- Strong PC skills
SKILLS YOU’LL NEED FOR SUCCESS: PERSONAL
- Critical thinker and active listener
- Teamwork & collaboration
- The ability to be a self-starter who can thrive in a fast paced and challenging environment, and is able to effectively balance multiple priorities
- Understanding of successful working relationships internally and with external stakeholders
- The desire to actively solicit feedback on performance and skill development needs
- Appreciation for diversity of perspectives and approaches among peers
AT DOMPÉ, WE LIVE OUR VALUES EVERYDAY
- Attention to Detail
BENEFITS OF JOINING OUR TEAM
- Comprehensive medical benefits: we value access to healthcare for our patients as well as our employees
- Generous vacation / holiday time off: we care about our employees and encourage a balanced lifestyle
- 401(K) matching
- Bay Area office with great views, located in vibrant downtown San Mateo and within walking distance to restaurants, coffee shops, and the Cal Train
- A super cool team who’s excited to transform lives through innovative therapies.
- Bachelor's Degree