Research Assistant/Senior Research Assistant
Anwita Biosciences is a startup biopharmaceutical specializing in antibodies and fusion proteins for therapies in oncology and auto-immune disease. We are currently seeking a highly motivated Research Assistant/Senior Research Assistant to help us advance our development pipeline.
Company location: San Carlos, CA 94070
- Performing molecular biology experiments such as PCR, cloning, DNA preparations.
- Small scale protein expression and purification from CHO cells or E coli.
- Protein characterization and analysis.
- Present data at internal meetings
- Maintenance of laboratory equipment.
- Other daily laboratory duties as assigned.
- BS or MS degree in biology, biochemistry, or related fields.
- The job requires someone who is meticulous, rigorous, and highly organized.
- Hands-on experience in molecular biology techniques, such as cell culture, PCR, DNA preparation, cloning.
- Hands-on experience in biochemistry, such as Protein purification, western blot, chromatography.
- Strong record-keeping skills and attentional to detail in following and developing SOPs.
- Strong motivation and desire to work in a fast-paced, team environment.
- Strong hands-on experience in cell culture, transient transfection (HEK293/CHO), CHO cell stable cell line development.
- Strong hands-on experience in Protein purification using a variety of chromatographic methods on GE Akta system (protein A/G affinity, IMAC, IEX, HIC, SEC, mixed-mode) and basic analytical methods (A280, HPLC, SEC, DLS, SDS-PAGE, endotoxin, etc.) for QC/release of batches.