Global Marketing Director - Global Brand Development Lead, BCMA BiTE, Multiple Myeloma
For nearly four decades, Amgen has been at the forefront of providing the oncology and hematology communities with novel therapies that have changed patients' lives. We have pioneered five first-in-class oncology and hematology medicines including, Neupogen®, Nplate®, XGEVA®, BLINCYTO® and IMLYGIC®. We are building upon our oncology foundation and long-term commitment to patients by developing a whole new class of novel molecules - and we need top talent to ensure these molecules become medicines and realize their potential for helping patients.
Today, Amgen is advancing the largest early Oncology pipeline in our history spanning several innovative technology platforms - Bispecific T Cell Engagers (BiTE®s), CAR Ts, Bispecific Antibodies, Oncolytic Viruses, Neoantigen Vaccine and Small Molecules - across many targets and more than a dozen tumor types. Many of these innovative modalities/technologies are not only firsts for Amgen, but also for the entire biotechnology field. By joining our team, you will help us seize the opportunities that come with paving new roads - roads that ultimately lead to directly serving oncology patients.
The Global Marketing Director -- Global Brand Development Lead will drive the commercial launch of Amgen's BCMA BiTE in multiple myeloma - shaping the global brand strategy, developing branding elements and ensuring global healthcare professional and consumer launch tactics are aligned to market needs.
The Director will report to and work closely with the Global Marketing Lead (GML).
- Help develop global brand strategy and deliver components of brand development
- Partner with the Global Marketing Lead (GML) and country brand leads to develop brand strategy and tactics that are aligned to country needs
- Establish and maintain core positioning and ensure this is executed globally
- Incorporate market insights to ensure successful launch
- Work with agency partners to manage deliverables and budget
- Set/coordinate global pre-launch brand tactics
- Doctorate degree and 4 years of marketing experience
- Master's degree and 6 years of marketing experience
- Bachelor's degree and 8 years of marketing experience
- 8+ years of biotech/pharmaceutical industry experience
- Experience in a strategic regional or global commercial function
- Demonstrated track record of strong commercialization planning and execution
- Managing advertising agency experience with branding focus
- Marketing Experience in hematology/oncology preferred. Knowledge of multiple myeloma desired
The Brand Development Director will bring a strong oncology commercial background with excellent strategic thinking and marketing capabilities, strong analytical skills, superior cross-functional collaboration skills, the ability to operate globally and locally, and possess highly effective influencing skills.
- Deep knowledge/experience regarding the practice of creating and building differentiated, successful brands
- Extensive experience working with and managing advertising agencies
- Demonstrates people management/influence skills and demonstrates networking capabilities
- Applies advanced communication and presentation skills (fluency in PowerPoint) and communicates effectively at all levels both internally and externally
- Demonstrates ability to analyze competitive position by considering market and industry trends, existing and potential customers, and strengths and weaknesses as compared to competitors
- Possesses an in-depth understanding of competitive products within the market; understands brand essences and how to position Amgen brands for success
- Develops a long-term strategy based on analysis of the industry and market, Amgen's current and potential capabilities, and differentiating attributes of the assets
Operates Effectively and Efficiently:
- Possesses strong project management skills
- Displays strong organizational and time management skills; delivers on commitments in a timely manner
- Possesses a strong work ethic and an ability to handle/manage projects in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates strong industry knowledge and commercial attitude
- Examines and understands issues from multiple points of view, readily sees inter-relationships and cause and effect relationships; takes a systematic approach to successfully resolving all issues
Role Models Positive Behaviors:
- Serves as a role model for Amgen Values and a resource to others in promoting open, honest, and cooperative relationships throughout the organization
- Ensures quality
- Takes initiative and acts pro-actively, enthusiastically, and creatively
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
At Amgen, contributions are recognized - and strong performance is rewarded. Regularly recognized as a "Best Place to Work," we enable staff to chart their own career paths based on their unique talents by offering challenging assignments, active career development, coaching and individual rewards.