Information Systems: Data Engineer
Category: GCO IS
Location: US - Florida - Tampa
Summary Job Description
Data Engineering & Analytics is a rapidly evolving space, with new use cases and changes in technology landscape coming to fore every day. Amgen's Global Commercial Operations IS team is looking for an experienced Data Engineer, with demonstrable record of building scalable production applications, in a fast-paced environment. Candidate will be knowledgeable in across technology stack, should be able to prototype, pivot, develop and operationalize solutions at pace with business demands.
The Data Engineer will be part of the Global Commercial Data & Analytics Product team.
- Collaborate with Data Architects, Business SME's, and Data Scientists to architect data products and services.
- Build data products and service processes which perform data transformation, metadata extraction, workload management and error processing management.
- Assess new technologies to ensure that the solutions are stable, efficient, and responsive to appropriate business needs
- Perform full stack software design and development to build frameworks, applications, APIs, data pipelines, etc. to meet business use cases
- Contribute to software development process change and DevOps discussions
- Actively balance technical debt incurred during software implementations by finding opportunities for improvement (debt repayment), even in tight deadlines
- Participate in sprint planning meetings to contribute with estimations and development strategy
- Drive cost savings with ownership of software designs and architecture
- Comfortable with working with large data sets to derive insights
- Experience with Cloud computing
- Experience developing in one or more languages (e.g Python, Java, etc.)
Master's degree and 2 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelor's degree and 3 years of Information Systems experience
Associate degree and 5 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Information Systems experience
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and uses its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.#LI-SF5
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider you without regard to your race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.