General Automation Lab Technologies (GALT) is an innovative, technology driven company dedicated to transforming the field of microbiology and driving discovery in microbiome research. We are developing novel, high throughput technologies that vastly increase our customers’ ability to study microbes – the single most diverse and impactful group of organisms on the planet. Our initial product, the Prospector™ System, will significantly improve the capabilities of today’s microbiome research labs to cultivate, screen, and study microbes. Study of the microbiome is opening up an entirely new understanding of the role bacteria play in our health, environment, and the products we use in everyday life. If you are passionate about solving big problems with creative solutions and enjoy working with a fast-moving and dedicated team, GALT may be the place for you.
GALT is currently seeking a Microfluidics Bioengineer to develop innovative microfluidic concepts and products. The ideal candidate will have a track record in designing, fabricating and characterizing microfluidic devices with particular emphasis on microbiology and genomics applications. The Bioengineer will be a key member of the GALT team, and will work seamlessly with internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have great interpersonal skills and enjoy creatively solving problems.
Essential duties and responsibilities
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Contribute microfluidic, surface chemistry and microscale transport expertise to cross-disciplinary research and product development teams
- Design, source and test robust microfluidic consumables supporting microbiology and genomic analyses in array-based workflows
- Work cross-functionally with microbiology and instrumentation teams to deliver products to customers
- Generate data to support customer adoption and use of GALT’s platform
- Support external collaborations and early customers
- Effectively communicate results and insights
Education and Experience:
- PhD/MS in Mechanical Engineering, Chemical, Bio-Engineering or related field
- 3+ years of experience with microfluidic techniques used in product development, preferably related to nanowell array-based products
- Demonstrated ability with microfluidic systems, fabrication processes, materials, and surface chemistry along with the physical/chemical limitations for analyzing biological samples
- Familiarity with microbiology and nucleic acid biochemistry is preferred
- Experience with design simulation tools such as AutoCAD and SOLIDWORKS
- Highly motivated self-starter who enjoys working as part of a team
- Analytical, passion for problem solving and “making things work”
- Ability to think creatively
- Demonstrated independent thought and judgment in experimental design and analysis, method development and problem solving with special emphasis on product development preferred
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with positive attitude and flexible hands-on approach for a small company environment
Please apply at firstname.lastname@example.org. For more information, please visit our website at www.galt-inc.com.
GALT is an equal opportunity employer.