Research Associate, Protein Purification
Amunix is seeking a Research Associate to join our protein production group to support production activities for company’s programs. The ideal candidate must be highly motivated and collaborative to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic work environment.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Perform bench-scale purifications using a range of chromatography as well as filtration methods
- Monitor progress using established assays such as HPLC, SDS-PAGE, spectrophotometry
- Analyze, interpret, and communicate test results in an effective manner
- Thoroughly maintain experimental records through database and notebook entries, prepare reports of completed projects for presentation to company personnel
- Maintain and troubleshoot equipment
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Master’s or Bachelor’s degree in protein chemistry, biochemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, or relevant scientific discipline
- Working knowledge and hands-on operating experience with state-of-the-art purification development tools and in-process analytical methods/screening tools.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively and build open and collaborative relationships is essential
- Physical ability to lift up to 40 lbs and work at the lab bench for extended periods of time
We are a biopharmaceutical company developing highly innovative biotherapeutics with best-in-class therapeutic index. Amunix products are based on our XPAT (XTENylated Protease-Activated T-cell engager) platform. In addition to our internal pipeline, we maintain active collaborations with many top tier pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies.
As employee, you will be able to:
- Participate in the discovery of potentially life-saving pharmaceuticals
- Work in a highly collaborative and motivating working environment
- Receive a comprehensive benefits package, including Health, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short-term/Long Term Disability, matching 401(k) plans, and free daily lunches
- Receive competitive compensation based on candidate experience
Amunix is located in Mountain View, California. Amunix provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Amunix complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfers, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.