Sr Scientist, Molecular Biology
General Automation Lab Technologies (GALT) is an innovative, technology driven company dedicated to transforming the field of microbiology and driving discovery in microbiome research. We are developing novel, high throughput technologies that vastly increase our customers’ ability to study microbes – the single most diverse and impactful group of organisms on the planet. Our initial product, the Prospector™ System, will significantly improve the capabilities of today’s microbiome research labs to cultivate, screen, and study microbes. Study of the microbiome is opening up an entirely new understanding of the role bacteria play in our health, environment, and the products we use in everyday life. If you are passionate about solving big problems with creative solutions and enjoy working with a fast-moving and dedicated team, GALT may be the place for you.
GALT is currently seeking a Molecular Biologist to drive research and product development efforts in our Molecular Biology group. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in developing molecular biology techniques such as novel library preparation workflows for next-generation sequencing including whole genome sequencing. The Scientist, Molecular Biology is a key member of the GALT team, and will work seamlessly with internal and external stakeholders. The ideal candidate will have great interpersonal skills and enjoy creatively solving problems.
Essential duties and responsibilities
Essential duties include but are not limited to:
- Contribute molecular biology expertise and leadership to cross-disciplinary research and product development teams
- Develop novel strategies to support genomics analysis workflows in GALT’s nanowell array-based technology, including creating PCR and whole genome sequencing workflows
- Perform structured studies to quantitate and improve product performance
- Generate data to support customer adoption and use of GALT’s platform
- Support external collaborations and early customers
- Effectively communicate results and insights
Education and Experience:
- PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry or related field with 3+ years post-graduate experience in academia and/or industry
- Demonstrated ability with molecular biology techniques including primer design, developing novel next-generation sequencing, library preparation and PCR workflows
- Extensive experience with whole genome sequencing and principles of sequencing technology, preferably as related to microbial communities
- Experience with computational analysis of sequencing data is preferred
- Technical training in microbiology a plus
- Excellent bench skills
- Highly motivated self-starter who enjoys working as part of a team
- Analytical, passion for problem solving and “making things work”
- Ability to think creatively
- Demonstrated independent thought and judgment in experimental design and analysis, method development and problem solving with special emphasis on product development preferred
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with positive attitude and flexible hands-on approach for a small company environment
Please apply at email@example.com. For more information, please visit our website, www.galt-inc.com.
GALT is an equal opportunity employer.