Manager, Reporting and Analytics
We have world-class cross-functional staff across the globe including sales and marketing, regional medical liaisons, oncology nurse specialists and customer account teams to ensure our discoveries go from bench to bedside.
Amgen is seeking a Sales Operations Manager to function as a Manager, Reporting and Analytics at its main headquarters in Thousand Oaks, CA to join the Commercial Reporting Operations and will be responsible for the overall management and administration of the Vision sales reporting platform for the Neurology Business Unit (NUBU). The Reporting and Analytics Analyst will also be responsible for the design, implementation, training, and overall administration of all sales reporting deliverables. The Manager, Reporting and Analytics will report to the Sales Ops Senior Manager and will work closely with internal sales ops partners (Data Management, Incentive Comp team, CS&A etc.) and will have significant interaction with Sales Leadership, Commercial Information Management, IS, Brand and Marketing.
The Reporting Center of Excellence (RCOE) services in partnership with the sales organization, IS, and vendor partners.
Key Activities for the Sales Operations Manager:
- Primary point of contact for Vision production visual & dashboard reporting for the NUBU Sales Force and Brand
- Proactive engagement with field sales team which includes developing new visuals & dashboards, enhancing existing visuals & dashboards, and training
- Coordinate with cross functional teams for the purpose of improving visualizations and reporting processes based on changing business trends
- Facilitate and participate in meetings with Business Acumen Leads for the purpose of understanding the INBU reporting requirements
- Develop and implement reporting QC standards and processes to ensure report accuracy
- Work closely with Incentive Compensation, Analytics, and Size and Structure teammates to ensure accurate implementation of business rules and enhancements in all Vision reporting deliverables
- Partner with field training team to create training materials and deliver Vision training to new hires
- Ensure adherence to compliance/legal regulations
- Demonstrated flexibility as new areas of responsibility are defined
Master's degree and 2 years of finance, sales and marketing operations and/or data analytics experience
Bachelor's degree and 4 years of finance, sales and marketing operations and/or data analytics experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of finance, sales and marketing operations and/or data analytics experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of finance, sales and marketing operations and/or data analytics experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Management, Finance, Accounting, Economics, Computer Science, Math, or Life Sciences
- 3+ years of experience with data management, business analysis, and solution design/development
- 5+ years of experience working in Sales Operations or similar
- Strong project management skills, with proven success influencing clients, customers, and team members
- Demonstrated ability to translate business requirements into innovative solutions
- Strong client service skills
- Tableau report development experience
- Ability to query (SQL) and understand large data sets
- Excellent communication skills - written, oral, and presentation -- appropriately gauged to a broad range of audiences from senior leadership to front-line field staff and to peers in various disciplines
- Expertise in Microsoft products Excel and PowerPoint
- Experience with sales and activity reporting, incentive compensation, Plan of Action, field systems solutions such as Veeva (salesforce.com), Javelin, and other systems such as Customer Master (Master Data Management solutions) and Reporting Solutions such as Cognos, Spotfire, Microstrategies, etc.
- In addition, deep knowledge of Pharmaceutical data including IMS DDD, Xponent data, Plan Track, and charge back data
- Ability to adjust to changing needs within the organization and to change priorities
We understand that to successfully sustain and grow as a global enterprise and deliver for patients - we must ensure a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Our culture is what makes Amgen a special place to work. We have a powerful shared purpose around our mission - to serve patients. We respect one another, recognize contributions, and have embedded collaboration, trust, empowerment and inclusion in all that we do.
We equip all our staff members to live well-rounded, healthy lives. Most recently, Amgen added benefits for transgender employees and continues to pride itself on industry-leading, family-friendly offerings for families of all compositions.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.