R&D Associate, Viral Vector Technologies
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
Regeneron is currently seeking a talented and motivated Research Associate to join a technology development group which aims to develop novel viral-based vectors. The successful candidate should have a strong background in molecular biology, virology, and cell biology. Incumbent should be able to work methodically and with minimal supervision. His/her main goal will be to design and produce viral vectors, and to characterize them by performing various in vitro and in vivo assays. Experience with tissue culture and handling cell lines is required.
Specific experience should include basic molecular biology, protein expression assays, mammalian cell culture, and manipulation and purification of viruses in BSL2 conditions.
- Maintain, transfect, and transduce mammalian cell cultures
- Manage and organize large quantities of tissue culture plates
- Produce, purify, quantify, and characterize viral vectors
- Develop and test new conditions of viral vector production and purification
- Develop new assays to characterize and assess quality of viral vectors
- Evaluate in vivo virus transduction and transgene expression
- Perform basic biochemical/immunological assays (ELISA, flow cytometry)
- Perform basic molecular biology assays (Cloning, Western blotting, DNA/RNA extractions, PCR, RT-PCR, quantitative PCR, etc.)
- Manipulate viral vectors in BSL2 cell culture
- Analyze and present data
- Maintain lab supplies and help with lab organization
Cell culture, virology, basic molecular biology/biochemistry, cell biology, flow cytometry, experience with virus purification, experience with animals
- Incumbent should be skilled in virus manipulation and culturing techniques
- Incumbent should have experience in designing well-controlled experiments that can provide reliable results
- Incumbent should be able to analyze data and extract conclusions
- Incumbent should have experience with basic safety procedures and sterile techniques required for BSL2 laboratory function
- A general understanding of microbiology and general immunology is preferred
- Understanding of and experience with in vitro and in vivo assays with viral vectors will be a distinct advantage
- Some experience with virus purification is strongly desired
- Minimum 3 years of research experience. Bachelor's Degree required; Master's degree desired
This position will require the individual to pass a physical before beginning employment
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law