Senior Scientist, Instrumentation - Mechanical Engineering
- Primarily responsible for inventing, designing, fabricating, assembling, and debugging complex robotic and/or electromechanical fluid-handling systems.
- Will act as bridge between engineering team and client scientific laboratories.
- Will be responsible as a lead engineer for multiple simultaneous projects, but without an explicitly assigned team such that accessing resources from the broader organization will be necessary
Level and compensation will be commensurate with experience
- BS, MS, or PhD in mechanical engineering or similar field 10+(BS), 8+(MS), 0+ PhD years of experience.
- Hands-on research experience in computer aided mechanical design of complex electromechanical and/or robotic fluid-handling systems
- Experience in microfluidics, microfabrication, and/or MEMS research
- Multidisciplinary understanding of how to solve advanced engineering problems.
Key Leadership Competencies:
- Builds strong relationships with peers and cross functionally with partners outside of team to enable higher performance
- Learns fast, grasps the 'essence' and can change the course quickly where indicated
- Raises the bar and is never satisfied with the status quo
- Creates a learning environment, open to suggestions and experimentation for improvement
- Embraces the ideas of others, nurtures innovation and manages innovation to reality.