Engineer, Technology II
Windows Server Operating System Engineering team is responsible for providing solutions in support of hosted applications, Level 4 support, and oversight for Windows Server Infrastructure Platforms worldwide.
Key Responsibilities Include:
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Plan / build oversight activities for all Data Centers. Developing subject matter expertise for various technologies / services within the organization
- Participating in fourth level operational support teams
- Lead and participate in platform design, upgrade, architecture and road mapping activities, anticipate potential issues, troubleshoot, research and resolve issues and problems associated with server performance, capacity issues, and other Server-related issues.
- Use of expert knowledge to resolve highly complex or escalated infrastructure problems. Configuration and security for server, upgrades, third party software, performance management, capacity planning and trend analysis.
- Extensive experience with gathering client requirements in order to make system design decisions. Must be able to influence clients to use infrastructure services standards while maintaining good relationships with the clients.
- Collaborate with various IT partners (e.g. internal IT Organizations, External suppliers, and 3rd party vendors), business customers and end users.
- Change Management - Document change implementation plans and execute the plans reviewed and approved by senior analysts. Perform basic to moderately complex changes following standard change management processes. Perform problem diagnosis and root cause analysis.
- Participate in an on-call rotation schedule for escalation issues
- Bachelor's Degree or 7+ years of equivalent work experience
- MCSE Certification preferred
- Engineering expertise of VMWare ESX environments including hands on experience with VMWare VSphere, VCenter & VRops, Vra/Vro. Act as the Subject Matter Expert for VMWare / Windows solutions.
- Knowledge and experience working with Storage area Networks including EMC SAN/NAS systems.
- Design, configuration & implementation expertise for enterprise implementations of patching & monitoring tools.
- Competent skills and knowledge with Networking, Firewalls, DNS, WINS, DHCP Active Directory & DMZ's.
- Windows Server 2008/2012/2016 Operating System administration
- Internet Information Server 6.x-8.x (IIS), Including but not limited to Application Pools, Website Configuration, Access Controls (ACL's), and Certificates. Must have knowledge of Load Balancing, multiple sites on single web servers.
- Microsoft clustering, load balancing & high availability solutions.
- Windows OS based problem-solving skills, familiarity with X86 architecture Server Class hardware.
- Performance mgt, Capacity mgt, Monitoring Trends, Root Cause Analysis skills and Operational Support.
- Administrative scripting, PowerShell, VBScript, Python, Chef, Puppet, PERL, HTML, WMI or similar shell script programming languages.
- Audit and compliance expertise working in a regulated environment
- A strong aptitude in understanding and resolving/remediating Windows OS based security vulnerabilities and security configurations.
- Security management, including Group or local Policy Objects and, system hardening, security and DR.
- ServiceNow or similar ITIL based ticketing & escalation system
- Individual should be a Self-starter, a team player, as well as having the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills (English) required.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude while working with time constraints and the need to prioritize work required.
- Ability to collaborate and interact with various internal technical teams of all skill levels, business and customer teams with limited technical knowledge and outside business partners, vendors and suppliers.
- Familiar with working in a large enterprise environment.