Scientist – Gene Therapy
At the Biologics Center at Novartis Institutes for BioMedical Research (NIBR), we are using Adeno-associated virus (AAV) to develop game-changing gene therapies.
We are looking for an enthusiastic scientist to join our Cambridge team. This is a diversified research position with a focus on production and characterization of novel AAV vectors for in vitro and in vivo assays as part of a therapeutic project. As a member of a project-oriented lab, you will be responsible for developing and applying a wide variety of techniques including vector cloning, expression, purification, characterization, and infectivity testing.
Your responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- Partnering with project teams in decision making to agree on desired deliverables and timelines;
- Expressing, purifying and characterizing viruses for project teams;
- Identifying and quickly resolving workflow issues;
- Presenting experimental design, protocols, results, and interpretations in lab group and project team meetings;
- Maintaining familiarity with current scientific literature and techniques in the field of virus production.
- BS or MS in virology, molecular biology, biochemistry, genetics, or a related field with at least 5 years of laboratory experience;
- Excellent oral and written communication and interpersonal skills;
- Self-motivation, enthusiasm, and scientific curiosity.
- Expertise in design of viral vectors;
- Experience in molecular cloning, sequence and protein analyses, and qPCR;
- Experience in culturing cells;
- Experience in protein expression and purification (preferably viruses);
- Experience in cell-based assays.
What Novartis can offer you?
- Work with the latest technologies;
- Contribute to and innovate in the quickly evolving field of gene therapy;
- Be part of a world-class organization dedicated to providing solutions to un-met medical needs;
- Join an organization that is committed to your development and advancement.
Why consider Novartis?
Transformative medicines need transformative thinking. We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous, and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you're given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you're empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where you're surrounded by people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us re-imagine medicine.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.