Scientist/Sr. Scientist, Biology
Vividion Therapeutics is seeking a highly-motivated Scientist / Sr. Scientist to contribute to the discovery and development of novel small-molecule drugs.
Vividion is a next generation drug discovery company that harnesses the power of chemical proteomics to conduct proteome-wide foot printing of drug-protein interactions with unprecedented breadth and precision. Our technology allows us to screen, identify and optimize novel drugs that selectively bind virtually any protein, including proteins previously considered “undruggable”. We are directing our discovery engine towards diseases and pathways not adequately addressed by existing treatments.
As an early stage startup company, Vividion is looking for energetic and experienced candidates with a desire to work in a fast-paced, fulfilling and dynamic team environment. The successful candidate will have extensive hands-on experience designing and executing in vitro and in vivo studies to support pre-clinical advancement of drug discovery projects. Title will commensurate with experience.
Experience and education requirements:
- BS with 8+ years or MS with 6+ years or PhD with 3+ years of experience (biopharmaceutical industry experience in small molecule drug discovery is strongly preferred).
- Expertise in cell pharmacology, primary cell cultures, basic molecular biology techniques and plate-based readouts.
- Hands-on experience with in vivo models including various routes of test article administration, blood and tissue collection and rodent disease model development.
- Ex vivo experience including immunohistochemistry is highly desired.
- Experience with rodent models of renal diseases and surgical procedures is a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Outstanding problem-solving and organization skills.
- Be an effective team player and strong individual contributor, self-driven, flexible, pragmatic and able to handle multiple tasks and deliver high quality results under tight timelines.
In addition to a competitive compensation package with stock options, Vividion also offers a comprehensive benefits package for our employees and their families, which includes medical, dental, vision, life, disability insurance. For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter in pdf format referencing job SSSB2019.05.06 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Vividion Therapeutics, Inc. is an EEO employer.