Marketing Director Aimovig HCP
Aimovig® US HCP Marketing Director
The Aimovig® US Marketing Director will co-develop and lead the HCP marketing strategy and promotional plan for Aimovig®, the CGRP inhibitor market leader, that has already helped more than 150K patients since launch in May 2018.
The individual in this role will assess migraine market growth opportunities and build strategies and plans, in partnership with our commercialization partner Novartis, to accelerate Aimovig success in the market with customers, especially via opinion leaders and our specialist and primary care sales forces. The HCP Marketing Director must be a skilled collaborator who will work closely with our commercialization partner to ensure close alignment on key strategic decisions, while being a steadfast advocate for the voice of customer through close field and customer engagement. Individual must be a critical thinker who challenges the status quo and champions new ideas in service of developing longer-term strategies to step-change the migraine ecosystem and uniquely fulfill our customers' needs. In addition, you will lead a team of at least four direct reports and have full accountability for execution of OL engagement, speaker bureau, regional marketing, primary care tactics and additional brand projects.
- Significant strategic insight and thought leadership to co-develop and execute the Aimovig® Brand Plan and all key HCP customer strategies.
- Partner with global marketing and VBP group to uncover and accelerate longer-term strategic opportunities.
- Develop deep understanding of HCP customer insights, attitudes, behaviors and metrics, while linking back to overall performance of the brand against key KPIs.
- Build and develop a seamless relationship with field leadership, field impact teams, and sales training to ensure voice of customer is clearly understood and incorporated into brand strategy.
- Partner with Consumer Marketing and Access marketing counterparts to maximize brand synergy across the customer and patient journey.
- Partner with medical, regulatory and legal to understand and execute opportunities to best represent Aimovig within the marketplace.
- Lead and implement specific components of the Aimovig HCP tactical plan including OL engagement and Primary Care.
- Over-see and manage relevant components of marketing budget
- Technical marketing competencies: Marketplace/customer analysis and insight generation, customer segmentation, brand positioning, brand sustainability (campaign/message platform development), execution excellence
- Solid ability to effectively lead a team in aligning to a common vision, and towards the development of individual staff members for improved performance and achievement of career aspirations
- Strong ability in both leading cross-functional teams, and in being a member of a cross-functional team . Experience within co-commercialization relationships and/or complex stakeholder management preferred.
- Strong communication effectiveness: The ability to effectively engage, connect, and influence senior management, key stakeholders, sales and marketing organizations
- Ability to translate and communicate complex information/strategies into simple and impactful execution plans
- Doctorate degree & 4 years of Marketing experience OR
- Master's degree & 7 years of Marketing experience OR
- Bachelor's degree & 9 years of Marketing experience
- 10+ years of pharmaceutical marketing/BAI/product management
- Demonstrated track record of increasing responsibility within sales and marketing
- Strong leadership and people management/engagement skills
- Ability to effectively produce business results in highly complex sales and marketing environments
- Thorough understanding of the legal and regulatory environment in pharmaceutical promotions and reimbursement
- MBA with marketing focus preferred
- Sales and/or sales management experience
- Neuroscience therapeutic area experience a plus