Associate Director, Plant Engineering
The Associate Director, Plant Engineering is responsible for leading and developing the organization responsible for all engineering and maintenance activities at a dynamic pharmaceutical manufacturing and packaging plant. This role reports directly to the Site Director and is a member of the senior management team. In addition to people management responsibilities, the Associate Director plays an integral role in developing the long range plan for the site, directing significant capital projects, maintaining business continuity and assurance of supply, as well as delivering key product launches across AbbVie's portfolio. These activities require a high degree of cross-functional collaboration and partnership with leaders locally and globally.
- Financial responsibility for the Maintenance and Engineering Budgets ($5MM); financial responsibility for Capital Spending (~$5MM)
- Partner with cross-functional peers to ensure the success of the plant goals and objectives
- Develop appropriate Engineering and Maintenance strategies aligned with the business
- Assure his/her personnel and the personnel they serve work in a safe environment and with the proper safety tools and procedures
- Maintain the proper compliance level in the job they perform
- Assure the proper human resources, tools and equipment are in place to assure the expected service
- Assure his/her personnel have the proper training and education to perform the required job and service.
- Negotiate, secure, oversee & ensure that resources are available to meet the demands of the projects and goals of the site
- Continually look for opportunities for process optimization, cost avoidance and cost reduction
- All aspects of people leadership: setting expectations, coaching, counseling, developing, evaluating, feedback, hiring, discipline, and separations related to Engineering and Maintenance staff.
- B.S in Engineering due to the technical nature of the position. Mechanical Engineering preferred.
- 10+ years in engineering with exposure to equipment and facility planning, design, construction and operation in a manufacturing environment
- Pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Experience leading large teams as well as leading other leaders is preferred.
Job Grades are determined by the country in which the payroll is based.