Associate Director, Partnership and Alliance Management
At Santen, we're innovating therapies to improve the quality of life for patients worldwide. Our single focus in ophthalmology enables us to challenge unmet needs in the field-through passionate research, successful collaboration, and clarity of commitment. With over 130 years of investigative insight, Santen remains committed to the discovery, exploration, and development of ophthalmic therapies. Now, and into the future. As a global company, Santen is often expanding to accommodate new and evolving initiatives in ophthalmic research, regulatory management, production, marketing, or distribution. Our clinical development network now spans three continents, with centers in Europe, Japan, and the United States.
ABOUT THE POSITION:
The AD, Partnership and Allicance Management will lead key product partnerships for Santen, Inc. across device, Rx, and OTC product lines. This role will be responsible for developing, operationalizing, maintaining, and growing new and existing partnerships in the Americas. The business objective is to build long-term, sustainable, strategic and mutually beneficial partnerships, equally valued by both entities.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND KEY DELIVERABLES:
- Manage and enhance new and existing partnerships by serving as a liaison and trusted partner to both internal and external stakeholders.
- Initiate and develop strong, sustainable, trusted advisor-oriented relationships across commercial operations, marketing, sales and delivery management, industry practice leaders and partnership peers.
- Facilitate the development of strategic marketing and partner-specific business plans to meet or exceed assigned business goals.
- Communicate program and project plans to ensure a common understanding by stakeholders and team members. Take action/escalation to remove barriers in a timely and effective manner. Report progress and ensure full visibility and support.
- Working with functional experts, create and maintain the cross functional partnership plans including marketing, operations, sales, market access, external communications, medical affairs, manufacturing, etc. Map key activities, functional milestones and timing, identify risk and lead development of mitigation/contingency plans necessary to deliver the project in full, on time and on budget.
- Manage all Commercial Launch and operationalization projects for partnerships in the Americas ensuring timely completion of tasks and overall completion. Position will require the capability to communicate and coordinate with the outside alliance partner.
- Serve as the point of contact for the day-to-day management of the partnership. Monitor project performance and proactively anticipate issues impacting the launch, working with the functional groups to develop contingency plans and communicate risks and contingencies to management to ensure the project critical path is managed.
- Organize and facilitate launch team meeting topics/agendas, manage team members and meeting attendees based on agreed upon structure, take meeting minutes, track meeting decisions and issues, and, follow-up action items.
Core competencies, education, and experience.
- BS or BA in a related field
- At least 8 years Life Science industry experience, minimum 2 years of prior launch experience and an understanding of drug and device launch processes, functions, and the required interrelated steps.
- Knowledge of pharmaceutical development including hands-on experience in the successful planning and execution of commercial pharmaceutical product launches.
- Project management and organizational skills. Experience in the use and understanding of the critical value of technology in planning, managing milestones and integrating interdependencies within an organization. MS project experience required. PMP certification a plus.
- Critical thinking and analytic skills along with strategic decision-making capability-ability to see big picture, identify essence through high complexity and form solutions and actions in a timely fashion.
- Outstanding stakeholder management skills (e.g. building partnerships, influence, negotiation, gaining commitment and driving accountability).
- Resilience, flexibility and comfort with ambiguity.
- Strong planning and organizational skills and the ability to lead teams to necessary outcomes
- Ability to effectively work with teams and promote collaborations in a matrix organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, ability to interact with all levels of management within the organization and to external business contacts.