Associate Director, Advanced Analytics
This role will lead transformation of the Commercial Investment Optimization capability in the environment of omni-channel customer engagement, an increasingly diverse product and brand portfolio, and evolving distribution channels and stakeholders. Responsible for providing analytic support and data driven guidance for optimization of marketing, sales, and other commercial investments across multiple therapeutic areas and brands. Will lead generation of investment optimization opportunities through promotion response modeling, segmentation, and other data analytics and data mining techniques. Collaborates with Brand Analytics and business teams to help formulate commercial investment strategy, identify tactical opportunities, enhance promotional programs and develop metrics for measuring and improving program execution. Will collaborate with Customer Analytics and Data Strategy teams to design, build, and implement the Integrated Dynamic Optimization capability.
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Lead the Advanced Analytics team and external partners to deliver marketing mix and other models, simulations and optimization scenarios, to provide guidance for budget and execution optimization across the U.S. product portfolio
- Collaborate with Brand Analytics and business teams to formulate strategic and tactical investment recommendations, identify tactical and campaign opportunities, measure and improve campaign and program execution
- Deliver Sales Force effectiveness and efficiency analyses in support of Sales Force Size and Structure initiatives and Call Planning process
- Design, develop, and execute data and analytic processes to measure effectiveness, efficiency, and ROI across promotional channels and tactics, including Sales Force Detailing, Peer-to-Peer programs, HCP professional events, Direct-to-Consumer initiatives across media, digital, and Point-of-Care channels as well as various Patient Services.
- Collaborate with Customer Analytics to develop and implement the Integrated Dynamic Optimization capability to enable real-time optimization of customer experiences and commercial investments in omni-channel environment, at the customer, account, territory, and total Area levels.
- Bachelor's Degree in a technical or analytic discipline required; advanced degree preferred
- 8+ years of experience in advanced analytics and modeling in the areas of business analysis, forecasting, promotion effectiveness and optimization
- Experience in multiple verticals such as Pharmaceuticals, Consumer Package Goods, Retail is recommended
- Proven ability to identify, address, and influence customer needs
- Experience in business processes and leveraging information for business decision-making
- Skilled in identifying needs and developing creative solutions to business problems
- Communication skills for effective advocacy and influencing
- Strong consulting and communication skills
- In-depth knowledge of analytic, data mining, and statistical techniques and software is required.
- Experience with VBA, Excel Solver, system integration, experience in modeling environment using large quantities of data
- Familiarity with various prescription and patient data sources such as Symphony Health (Wolters Kluwer) and IQVIA
- Experience in creating or managing real-time, automated and self-learning analytic tools using emerging software applications is a benefit
- Demonstrated ability to consider multiple sources of data and integrate them to deliver actionable recommendations to internal customers is required