Sr Instrument Technician
Amgen Thousand Oaks is seeking a Senior Process Instrument Technician to report to the Maintenance Manager. The Senior Instrumentation Technician is responsible for performing calibration, repair, installation, troubleshooting and documentation of instruments used on process control systems and building systems in production plants, utility plants and facilities suited and designed for material manufacturing. All work must be completed in a safe and timely manner in accordance to Hazard Risk Assessments (HRA) and Job Hazard Assessments (JHA).All work will be performed according to planning and predefined schedules with minimal impact to production while complying with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMPs), standard operating procedures (SOP) and Amgen policies and regulations.
- Perform calibrations of metrology related equipment
- Perform instrument calibrations for process, utility and analytical equipment and systems
- Troubleshoot and repair site instrumentation and control system issues
- Ensure work is completed in a safe and compliant manner in accordance with applicable procedures
- Ensure that calibration and repair activities are documented in an accurate and compliant manner
- Execute according to planning and predefined schedules with minimal impact to production while complying with GMP, SOP, CFR and Amgen regulations
- Knowledge of pneumatic, mechanical, and electronic instrumentation fundamentals, including process control loops, loop checks, loop tuning and troubleshooting computer based control systems (PLC, BMS, DCS, and various HMI)
- Review and provide feedback on calibration and maintenance reports, forms, and records
- Revise and review calibration, maintenance or other related procedures
- Provide regulatory and partner audit support
- Interpret electrical schematics, I/O wiring and panel drawings, utility, process system/equipment, plumbing, ductwork, and HVAC P&ID's
- Interact with peers and clients in manufacturing, maintenance, utility plants, analytical labs and contracted services
- Perform general labor duties and may work in a variety of locations
- Participate in on-call rotations for after-hours facility and manufacturing support and work outside of established shift hours upon short notice
Associate's degree and 4 years of instrumentation/calibration experience
High school diploma / GED and 6 years of instrumentation/calibration experience
- Associate's degree in metrology, instrumentation, electronics, or related technical discipline
- Experience performing maintenance and troubleshooting on electrical systems up to 480V
- 2+ years in an FDA (GMP) or similar regulated environment
- Experience executing and documenting instrumentation work orders in Maximo or similar computerized maintenance management system
- Strong leadership, technical writing and communication/presentation skills
- Advanced understanding of process control loops, loop checks, and loop tuning of process control systems
- Experience with Rosemount instrumentation, Foundation Fieldbus communications and Delta V process control system
- A high mathematical understanding, excellent reading skills along with intermediate computer and typing skills
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.