Research Investigator - Process Analytical Chemist
This Analytical Development role will be responsible for developing effective collaborations within CSD project teams consisting of organic chemists, chemical engineers, and analytical scientists to support of an increasingly complex portfolio of small molecules and milla-molecular (ADCs, peptides, oligonucleotides) drug candidates.
- Accountable for providing fit-for-purpose analytical methods and analyses which provide key insights and process knowledge for scale-up and process optimization studies for projects within the portfolio.
- Accountable for collaborating within project teams to provide innovative analytical approaches to help solve challenging problems encountered to support route selection and process optimization studies conducted by chemists and chemical engineers.
- Accountable for developing and transferring methods to other analytical release functions to support the timely release of clinical API batches.
- Partners with other Analytical Functions within CSD, and across Product Development to evolve, integrate and optimize analytical support to create a world-class analytical function.
- Successful candidates expected to grow and advance to become either analytical leaders or key scientists forCSD project teams.
- Responsible for willingly and enthusiastically working at the bench to solve challenging pharmaceutical development problems using their expertise in a particular area of pharmaceutical analysis and through demonstrated broader understanding of analytical techniques and how they may be applied to cross functional development challenges. Can be relied upon to work independently to develop and validate methods within their area of expertise. Seeks opportunities to publish/present work externally.
- Accountable for identifying opportunities and/or implementing solutions to improve efficiency, productivity, quality or reduce costs, operate in accordance with safety and compliance standards (e.g., GMPs, facility, division and department SOPs). Demonstrates capability to influence teams (e.g. not just attend meetings, but offer suggestions) and seeks leadership opportunities.
- Responsible for actively collaborating with other Key Scientists within the team. Expected to consistently display a can-do attitude and demonstrate the willingness and capability to adapt and grow within a complex and changing environment.
- Responsible for working with leadership to develop self, share best practices, work effectively to solve pharmaceutical development problems, and continuously learn and improve. Expected to demonstrate capability to advance upon the technical ladder or become an effective analytical lead within project teams.
- Ph.D. or Masters in analytical or organic chemistry is required. Practical experience directly relevant to the role is critical to success and minimum degree requirements change relative to experience.
- 0-5 years of experience in analytical problem solving in the pharmaceutical industry. Experience in supporting API process development preferred.
- Demonstrated expertise in chromatographic separations and experience with supporting development of milla-molecular molecules (ADCs, peptides, oligonucleotides) a plus.
- Excellent interpersonal, collaborative, team building, and communication skills to ensure effective collaborations within matrix teams. Demonstrated performance against cooperation principles and enterprise mindset.