Regional Alliance Lead Americas
Provide vendor and outsourcing management oversight and guidance in the Americas to ensure timely delivery of expanding GCO managed book of work in the region. Support the development and implementation of an Americas sourcing strategy and ensure outsourcing processes and vendor strategy are followed, wherever possible.
Expected Areas of Competence
- Provide vendor oversight and drive issue escalation/resolution with preferred vendors involved in global and local/regional clinical trials
- Monitor the BOW of regional preferred vendors for issues involving operational delivery and timely execution of the book of work while adhering to the MSA and Quality Agreement.
- Drive efficient and effective vendor oversight and governance including documentation, metric/KPI collection, and attending and participating in meetings, including Operational and Strategic Management Committees and additional project meetings as necessary.
- Liaise with local internal clinical teams, regional colleagues, key subject matter experts and stakeholders in other functions and within partner's organization to embed the operational model, and to identify and resolve issues and gaps.
- Drive primarily regional collaborative continuous improvement initiatives with vendors, local internal clinical teams and regional colleagues to streamline and improve operational processes.
- Drive communication and training to ensure adherence to the operating model and efficient execution.
- Collaborate with the BMS regional quality organization and partner to drive effective quality management of outsourced trial services
- Support MSA/partnership contract negotiations as necessary
- Collaborate with other BMS business units that outsource clinical trials to ensure alignment of global and regional information and best practices, and to standardize global and regional processes were applicable.
- Bachelor's degree required. Degree in Legal, Life science, Business Administration preferred. Advanced degree a plus.
- CRO or Pharma/Biotech experience of 6 or more years with a clear understanding of the drug development and clinical research processes
- Experience interacting with a suppliers (e.g., Contract Research Organizations, Central and Biomarker laboratories)
- Strong Project Management, Stakeholder Management, Conflict Management and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate to a diverse audience at multiple levels within an organization
- Demonstrated ability of managing and working with cross-functional, multi-cultural, global, cross-country teams in a complex, changing environment
- Experience of initiating, negotiating and executing legal and/or financial agreements in the clinical trials environment- biotech or pharmaceutical industry preferred
- Provide vendor and outsourcing management oversight and guidance in the Americas to ensure timely delivery of expanding GCO managed book of work in the region. Support the development and implementation of an Americas sourcing strategy and ensure outsourcing processes and vendor strategy are followed, wherever possible.