Research Associate, Target Biology
Who we are:
Atreca is a biotechnology company focused on applying its Immune Repertoire Capture™ technology to discover and develop novel cancer immunotherapeutics. Located in Redwood City, California, Atreca is looking for talented, entrepreneurial people who are dedicated to making a positive impact on human health. We have a unique opportunity for a highly motivated individual to become a key member of our growing biotechnology company.
Atreca's IRC technology identifies anti-tumor human antibodies in a highly accurate and precise fashion. Our goal is to apply this technology to elucidate and characterize novel tumor targets and associated biologic processes that were selected for attack by the patient's immune system. In this position, the successful candidate will apply their skills and expertise in protein biochemistry to identify targets bound by patient derived antibodies using protein biochemistry and molecular biology techniques. These include protein and carbohydrate arrays, immunoprecipitation, and other protein biochemistry techniques. The successful candidate will have extensive experience in working with proteins and antibodies in particular.
- Perform immunoprecipitation and array screening of antibodies selected for testing in in-vivo tumor models
- Generate lysates and subcellular fractions from tissue culture cells (including radiolabeled cells) and mouse tumors
- Perform pilot immunoprecipitation screens on lysates from tumors and radiolabeled cells
- Characterize purified material by 1D & 2D western blots, autoradiography
- Assist with antibody target identification efforts using protein, peptide, and carbohydrate microarrays
- Purify tumor proteins for mass spectrometry analysis using immunoprecipitation and other chromatographic methods
- Work with other project team members and communicate results with the team
- Follow laboratory safety guidelines and practices
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular biology, biochemistry or related discipline
- REQUIRED: 1-6 years research experience performing protein purification and/or immunoprecipitation
- Extensive experience with immunoblots, including slot and western blots
- Experience with protein characterization methods including SDS-PAGE and ELISA
- Hands-on experience with microarrays and microarray data analysis preferred
- Must have capability to design and execute experiments with moderate supervision, excellent trouble shooting, organization, and planning skills, and the ability to work under timeline in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
Exact title and salary commensurate with experience. Atreca is an equal opportunity employer.