Scientific Program Administrator
The Program Administrator, Program Development, serves as the project manager for a number of meetings, conferences, think tanks, and educational workshops, per year. This position requires regular interaction with outside scientific experts who are on the front lines of cancer research in the development of program goals and objectives, and scientific content for the AACR’s scientific programs. The position also requires collaboration with internal staff across multiple departments (marketing, foundation/fundraising, publishing, finance, meeting logistics, CME, etc.) to successfully execute the scientific events acording to AACR’s high standards. The Program Administrator may also be responsible for special projects as needed.
The Program Administrator will have oversight over support staff for these scientific programs, (Program Coordinator, Associate, or Assistant). The Program Administrator will support the Director in his or her interactions with internal and external stakeholders as needed. The Program Administrator will also maintain a working knowledge of cancer research and related sciences and keep abreast of the latest developments in the cancer field.
- Advanced scientific degree with expertise in basic, translational, and/or clinical cancer research (PhD, MD, and MD/PhD, or equivalent) with a strong background in translational science.
- At least 3-5 years relevant research experience preferably at the postdoctoral level or beyond.
- Excellent administrative skills and experience in managing direct reports.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office products.
- Knowledge of project management principles a plus.
- Experience in scientific writing or grant writing preferred.
- Ability to interact with diverse external constituencies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task and to work with multiple internal departments.
- Ability to travel 10% - 15% per year.
- Ability to work with multiple departments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.