Scientist High-Throughput Experimentation and Automation
Vertex is looking for an individual to work in their High Throughput Experimentation (HTE) Lab. A successful candidate will work with colleagues to develop novel solutions to synthetic obstacles through literature work, planning, discussions and running chemistry in the HTE laboratory.
- Develops novel synthetic solutions to project obstacles and sets new experimental direction with the ability to work on multiple projects
- Makes substantive conceptual contributions to project activities and scientific strategies
- Provides authoritative technical recommendations to assist with solving synthetic problems
- Identifies broad implications of data including data capture and data mining from HTE and has interests in data visualization from an HTE perspective
- Works with partner lines to help achieve synthetic timelines and deliverables
- Has great interest in creating efficient workflows in developing new approaches to synthetic problems
- Has experience in setting-up and communicating results from reaction screens
- Has experience in using and teaching others how to use automated synthetic tools
- Coordinates publication, presentations and/or patenting, or is a major contributor to these processes
- Demonstrates initiative and ability to capitalize on scientific creativity
- Deep knowledge and experience in process chemistry, analytical and chemical engineering principles
- Ability to function effectively within a dynamic environment
- Consistent track record of implementing multiple successful innovation solutions
- A superior communicator, demonstrating the ability to write advanced technical documents and demonstrating confidence and versatility in presenting verbally to diverse audiences
- MS or PhD in synthetic, organic chemistry with 4-7 years of relevant experience
- Experience in using the Unchained Labs equipment a plus
- Company Information
Vertex is a global biotechnology company that invests in scientific innovation to create transformative medicines for people with serious and life-threatening diseases. We discovered and developed the first medicines to treat the underlying cause of cystic fibrosis (CF), a rare, life-threatening genetic disease. In addition to clinical development programs in CF, Vertex has more than a dozen ongoing research programs focused on the underlying mechanisms of other serious diseases.
Founded in 1989 in Cambridge, Massachusetts, our corporate headquarters is now located in Boston's Innovation District, and our international headquarters is in London, United Kingdom. We currently employ approximately 2,500 people in the United States, Europe, Canada, Australia and Latin America with nearly two-thirds of our staff dedicated to research and development.
Vertex is consistently recognized as one of the industry’s top places to work by Science Magazine, The Boston Globe, Boston Business Journal and the San Diego Business Journal. Our research and medicines have also received esteemed recognitions, including the Robert J. Beall Therapeutics Development Award, the French Prix Galien and the British Pharmacological Society awards. For additional information and the latest updates from the Company, please visit www.vrtx.com.
Vertex is committed to equal employment opportunity and non-discrimination for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to a person's race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, marital status, or any characteristic protected under applicable law. Vertex is an E-Verify Employer in the United States. Vertex will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, in accordance with applicable law. Any applicant requiring an accommodation in connection with the hiring process and/or to perform the essential functions of the position for which the applicant has applied should make a request to the recruiter or hiring manager, or contact Talent Acquisition at ApplicationAssistance@vrtx.com.