Sr Investigator I / Associate Director– Biomarker Development
50 human clinical trials in early phases! That is the scope of our Molecular Cellular Sciences team in BioMarker Development / Translational Medicine.
As an inspired and engaged senior investigator, you will work in close collaboration with therapeutic area head and clinical teams to implement innovative biomarker solutions, deliver high quality data and play a pivotal role in early phase human clinical trials.
You will be part of Translational Medicine, NIBR and Novartis' commitment to reimagine medicine and bring innovative medicines to patients.
What you will be doing
Your responsibilities will include, but not limited to:
- Drive the definition of a robust biomarker strategy in partnership with disease area and Translational Medicine experts; act as a biomarker expert for multidisciplinary project team
- Be accountable for the execution of the biomarker plan and the successful implementation of internal and external biomarker activities to support clinical studies
- Drive the scientific and technical development, implementation and clinical fit-for-purpose validation of soluble biomarker
- Drive the identification, development and application of new biomarkers modalities and innovative technologies to overcome existing limitations
What you will bring to the role:
- Complete University education with PhD or comparable academic education in cell biology, Pharmacology or Chemistry
- 10+ year industry with experience in the implementation of biomarker in clinical studies according to international guidelines and in-depth knowledge in the overall drug development process and the applicable regulatory requirements in early clinical trial settings
- Demonstrate in-depth knowledge in Mass Spectrometry (ligand binding assay and/or point-of-care testing are an added value)
- Excellent leadership skills, successfully proven in project team settings
- Fluent in English, written and spoken, excellent communication and presentations skills
- Recognized as technical (LC-MS) and scientific Subject Matter Expert for soluble biomarker
- Lead cross-functional teams with the goal to develop, implement and execute a biomarker plan involving innovative biomarker solutions
- Ensure that high quality data are available for and aligned with clinical decision points
- Manage activities and supervise laboratory in compliance with Novartis guidelines and Good Clinical Practice
- Support Therapeutic Area (TA) Head and Disease Area (DA) by understanding the clinical needs for and providing technical and scientific support
- Act as Biomarker Expert for multiple studies (cross-indications or cross-compounds) or complex study
- Lead / Participate cross-functional BMD and /or TM initiatives
What Novartis can offer you?
Yes, we offer exceptional benefits and competitive salaries. However, we can offer more. Here you will:
- Novel technology and applications
- First hand experience in Translational Medicine for human clinical trials
- Work with the latest technologies
- Be part of a world class organization dedicated to providing solutions to un-met medical needs
- Join an organization that is committed to your development and advancement
Why consider Novartis?
927 million. That is how many lives our products touched in 2017. And while we are proud of that fact, in this world of digital and technological transformation, we must also ask ourselves this: how can we continue to improve and extend even more people's lives?
We believe the answers are found when curious, courageous and collaborative people like you are brought together in an inspiring environment. Where you are given opportunities to explore the power of digital and data. Where you are empowered to risk failure by taking smart risks, and where people who share your determination to tackle the world's toughest medical challenges surround you.
We are Novartis. Join us and help us reimagine medicine.
The Novartis Group of Companies are Equal Opportunity Employers and take pride in maintaining a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or any other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, marital or veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected status.