InSphero is the partner of choice for leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies to bring safer, more effective drugs to market faster through its robust and highly physiologically relevant suite of 3D InSightTM Microtissues and Services. The majority of world-class pharmaceutical compa-nies are working with our 3D InSightTM Discovery Platforms including disease models for Liver Fibrosis & NASH, diabetes, and cancer and with our market-leading solution for predictive liver toxicology. Our microtissues are shipped globally to customers and are accessible through contract research services.
InSphero AG is headquartered in Schlieren, Switzerland, a technology and manufacturing hub of Zurich. Our US subsidiary, InSphero Inc., and North American bioproduction facility are based in Brunswick, Maine. We are seeking a highly motivated Lab Technician to join our team in the Brunswick Bio-production unit.
You will be responsible for the production of 3D Insight™ microtissues and cell culture media, the optical, biochemical and histological characterization of the microtissues as well as the execution of cell-based assays and preparation of documentation for quality releases. The ideal candidate will have proven experience in cell culture techniques and in working under aseptic conditions.
Starting date: as soon as possible.
- Routine production of 3D Insight™ microtissues and cell culture media for commercial sales and internal use following established SOPs
- Microtissue characterization (optical, biochemical, histological)
- Thorough documentation of production processes in manufacturing checklists
- Execution of cell-based assays
- Independent planning and execution of development and validation projects
- Generation of scientific project reports
- General laboratory maintenance (lab cleaning, equipment monitoring, preparation of reagent aliquots, lab inventory, maintenance of master cell bank)
- BSc in Biology or other Life Sciences with experience in cell culture techniques
- Minimum two years industry experience
- Ability to work under aseptic conditions
- Independent working style with high attention to detail
- Ability to perform biochemical assays and use technical equipment with accuracy
- Experience in working according to standard operating procedures (ISO 9001 certification) is a plus
- Experience with Microsoft Office Applications
- Flexible with regards to working hours
- Resilient and reliable team player
- Authorization to work in the U.S. for any employer (candidates must be U.S. citizens or Permanent Resident Aliens)