IS Engineer - Visualization Engineer
Amgen is seeking Visualization Engineers to help realize Amgen's Operations Data Strategy. This program will produce business insights through analytic solutions. You will build upon our awarded Enterprise Data Lake to develop value added business applications that provide important business insights and actionable information for the Development Supply Chain End to End Visibility project and other Operations Data Strategy projects.
Successful candidates will have:
- The requisite technical skills;
- Ability to synthesize business, technical constraints and requirements
- The ability to absorb the nuances of the Bio-Tech operations value chain,including supply chain, logistics, and manufacturing source systems;
- High personal standards of productivity and quality;
- The ability to contribute in a collaborative and fast paced environment;
Key Activities include:
- Leading and being hands-on for the technical design, development, testing, implementation, and support of key projects in data visualization, dashboards, and reporting using Tableau, Spotfire
- Collaborating with business partners and business analysts to translate business requirements into technical requirements
- Working closely with the Process Development Enterprise Data Lake and platform teams to ensure that the applications are aligned with the overall architectural and development guidelines
- Maintaining knowledge of market trends and developments in Data Science and related emerging technologies to provide recommendations and deliver best practice solutions
- Estimating level of effort and hours required as part of project planning
Bachelor's degree and 2 years of Information Systems experience
Associate degree and 6 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years of Information Systems experience
- 2 or more years of Life Science or Supply Chain industry experience focused on analytics, business intelligence, reporting or data management
- Hands-on experience in architecting analytics and BI solutions using at-least two of the following technologies - Tableau (preferred), Spotfire, IBM Cognos, SAP Business Objects
- Has managed the end-to-end delivery of large-scale/complex BI projects in Cloud/AWS environment
- Working knowledge of AWS technologies such as S3, Redshift, Spectrum, EMR, Spark, Athena
- Strong SQL skills with an understanding of RDBMS, MPP, and HDFS databases and Performance tuning experience related to reporting queries
- Previous experience with data analysis, extraction, and visualization using statistical software (R, S-Plus, SAS, or similar), databases and scripting languages (such as Python) preferred.
- Working knowledge of data modeling principles and tuning of relational as well as NoSQL datastores (Oracle, Red-shift, Impala, HDFS/Hive, Athena, etc.)
- 2 + years experience working with agile development methodologies such as Sprint and Scrum
- Experience with Agile methodologies and DevOps
- Full stack development using infrastructure cloud services (AWS preferred) and cloud-native tools and design patterns (Containers, Serverless, Docker, etc) is a plus.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Amgen is an Equal Opportunity employer and will consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.