Technology Engineer II
Provides direct support to the track and trace serialization systems. Applies relevant expertise to complete tasks which support projects, solution requests, incident and problem resolution. Provides solutions to the functional teams with a global perspective to ensure systems are integrated to the business and other platforms. Discovers and evaluates business needs to recommend, develop and implement solutions to bring value and continuous improvement to the business
Key Responsibilities Include:
- Responsible for compliance with applicable Corporate and Local Policies and procedures. This includes validation, change control, CAPA and other cGXP policies and procedures.
- Uses appropriate tools to collect, correlate and analyze data; records and maintains technical data for use in developing operating and instruction manuals. Conducts tests; develops preliminary findings for review by experienced analysts. Assists in the development of standards and procedures. Prepares written reports of work and develops metrics to measure systems health and performance. Applies and executes standard information systems theories, concepts and techniques. Conducts training.
- Determines approach and solution to problem when issue is within scope of own ability. Develops solutions to problems where casual relationships can be identified, and precedents exist. Brings together appropriate stakeholders both internal and external to develop and implement solutions while providing leadership during the resolution process. Work is performed and technical decisions are made with a high degree of independence and performance is judged by results obtained.
- Applies analytical thinking skills to diagnose and make recommendations on systems. Incorporates knowledge of business and technology to make recommendations. Translates data gathered from user discussions into business requirements. Identifies business/system needs and recommends solutions. Assists with the testing strategies and develops preliminary findings.
- Analyzes departmental processes and needs and makes recommendations that are most effective means to satisfy those needs. Analyses the most complex work procedures and job methods and presents concepts to simplify those procedures.
- Works effectively with internal IT team, external IT teams, business functions and external vendors and partners to accomplish organizational goals. Actively participates in client or team meetings by offering suggestions. Provides leadership to project planning.
- Monitors and organizes the efforts of technical and business support staff. Manages projects according to milestones and completes tasks assigned by more experienced analysts and managers. Guides the efforts of less experienced staff.
- Exercises latitude in approach to problem and solution. Work is reviewed for soundness of business judgement and to determine if overall results and objectives have been achieved. Errors or failure to achieve expected results may result in project delays and/or the expenditure of more resources than was planned. Regular assignments are completed with minimal supervision.
- Analyzes problems or system changes and determines impact to the business processes supported, global system interfaces and other systems supporting the business operations. This includes impact of any change in the systems over their state of validation, their performance and their ability to continue to meet the business requirements. This is performed in a fast and accurate way to avoid a negative impact in the business operations.
- Provides direct support to the assigned systems. Applies relevant expertise to complete tasks which support projects, solution requests, incident and problem resolution. Provides solutions to the functional teams with a global perspective to ensure systems are integrated to the business and other platforms. Discovers and evaluates business needs to recommend, develop and implement solutions to bring value and continuous improvement to the business. Adapt work schedule to support the business operations. This includes maintenance works, replacements, upgrades, migrations and other changes to systems in production during off-peek hours. This might require working overtime, overnight or on weekends and holidays and to be on call during the off hours to attend any emergency or critical problem that may arise with the systems in the area of responsibility. Work may be required inside a pharmaceutical products manufacturing facility that require special restriction conditions. Systems used to support the business operations must be supported 7 days a week and 24 hours a day continuously.
- Understand the broad objectives of the project as well as his/her role in achieving those objectives, and modify approach when required. Escalates open issues to ensure execution success and keeps stakeholders informed through effective verbal and written communication.
- Learn, understand and master new methods and technologies, and act as a resource or mentor for others.
- Effectively organize and present project objectives and progress. Contribute to technical publications and presentations.
- Obtain estimates/quotes from vendors and provide as input into overall project time and cost estimates.
- Maintains relationships with affiliates, subsidiaries, and vendors in accordance with Abbvie Values, Vendor Management Office, and Purchasing to further the mission, vision and goals of the organization.
- Produces and maintains required technical documentation associated with work product.
- Understand and adhere to corporate standards regarding applicable Corporate and Divisional Policies, including code of conduct, safety, GxP compliance, data security, and the software development lifecycle.
Global BTS Teams, Global Validation, Site BTS, Manufacturing, Validation, QA and Engineering, Software Vendor