Vice President, GMA Franchise Head AML
About Daiichi Sankyo Cancer Enterprise
The vision of Daiichi Sankyo Cancer Enterprise is to leverage our world-class, innovative science and push beyond traditional thinking to create meaningful treatments for patients with cancer. We are dedicated to transforming science into value for patients, and this sense of obligation informs everything we do. Anchored by three pillars including our investigational Antibody Drug Conjugate Franchise, Acute Myeloid Leukemia Franchise and Breakthrough Science Franchise, we aim to deliver seven distinct new molecular entities over eight years during 2018 to 2025. Our powerful research engines include two laboratories for biologic/immuno-oncology and small molecules in Japan, and Plexxikon Inc., our small molecule structure-guided R&D center in Berkeley, CA.
The Vice President, GMA Franchise Head AML is the Medical Affairs leader for assigned Franchise (AML), compound(s) and /or project(s) reporting to the Head of GMA Oncology. This position will be responsible for the development and execution of the strategy of the Global Medical Affairs program(s) and plans for the assigned Franchise compound(s) and /or project(s). This position may also have significant global line function responsibilities, site-head responsibilities, leadership of key initiative, or other decision bodies.
- Lead within the GMAT (Global Medical Affairs Team) of Franchise, the development of an integrated Medical Affairs strategy and plan. Encompass complementing registration, launch strategies and plans, and life cycle management strategies and plans for the assigned franchise.
- Leads strategic and planning discussions as a leader of GMAT at franchise level with R&D, Regions, Key Markets medical associates and Global Brand Team, and gains alignment to deliver a robust GMA franchise plan.
- Drives execution of all Global Medical Affairs Oncology activities as a member of GPT (Global Project Team) including giving medical inputs to TPP (Target Product Profile) and sponsored clinical trials in partnership with assigned Clinical Leader , and regional/country medical associates. Accountable for Review of Investigator-Initiated Study (and Local/Regional Medical Affairs trials for assigned product(s) for the Franchise. Monitoring timeline and budget of IIS.
- Responsible and accountable for review and approval of key scientific communications, medical information documents and commercial documents within policies, legal and compliance regulations. Provides medical input on overall publication strategy and is a key member of publication planning team providing GMA medical input on individual publication plans.
- Define the Medical Expert Engagement Strategy and plan and Provides medical leadership in interactions with key external stakeholders eg. leads advisory boards. And in close coordination internally with Regions and Key Markets
- Define the Patient Engagement Strategy and Plan for the Franchise and ensure implementation in close coordination with Regions and Key markets
- Active lead of Global Medical Affairs Team (GMAT)); accountable for developing functional strategy and implementation of initiatives to build line function as a Center of Excellence (eg. line-function initiatives, etc.); Support Head of GMA Oncology in all discussions and decisions related to Strategic and Operational excellence for Medical Affairs Activities
- May play a leadership role for the GMA Line function to drive an initiative or a project of importance for GMA
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- MD Required. More than 10 years advanced knowledge in medical/scientific area (Oncology and Hematology) preferred
- Organizational Leadership and Matrix Management
- Minimum 5 years' experience in clinical/research/academic medicine and minimum 5 years of pharmaceutical industry experience or comparable education/work experience
- Writing skills of scientific publications evidenced by a track record of peer-reviewed publications
- Experience in setting and adhering to departmental budgets; and knowledge of scientific methods, research design and medical practices and procedures that would be acquired through clinical experience and clinical research studies is required.
- Basic knowledge and appropriate application of biostatistics;
- proficiency using standard office software suites.
- Must be willing to travel up to 30% with up to 15% international travel.
- Needs to have extra ordinary level of leadership to bring the different functions of people in different countries come together to achieve the common goal
- Must demonstrate high level of skills to solve complicated and abstract issues, not only from the logical perspective, but holistic perspective
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Vice President, GMA Franchise Head AML
GDSI Global Medical Affairs Oncology