Senior IT Program Manager, Infrastructure-Security-Architecture
Pharmacyclics is committed to the development and commercialization of novel therapies intended to improve the quality and duration of life and to resolve serious unmet medical needs for cancer patients. Pharmacyclics is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), a global, research-based biopharmaceutical company. Oncology is a key therapeutic area for AbbVie, with a portfolio consisting of three marketed products and a pipeline containing multiple promising new molecules that are being studied in more than 200 clinical trials for over 20 different types of cancer.
More than 1,200 Pharmacyclics and AbbVie research scientists, clinicians, marketing, operations and corporate professionals work in the San Francisco Bay Area. They combine their expertise in immuno-oncology, stem cells, and cell-signaling with their knowledge of bispecific antibodies, antibody-drug conjugates (ADCs), and covalent-inhibitor technologies to discover and develop novel cancer treatments. Together, we are striving to outsmart cancer.
This role will be responsible for managing the project portfolio for our IT group which support applications and systems for IT Infrastructure, Architecture, Security and Network to include: storage, servers, database, cloud computing, data center, disaster recovery, security, telecommunications and network infrastructure. Ability to develop relationships with project stakeholders, internally within IT and business executives. This role demands strong, senior PM with excellent track record of managing Programs, adhering to IT PMO process.
Key Accountabilities/Core Job Responsibilities:
- Oversight and management of IT Infrastructure project portfolio, working in support of IT Management team driving this IT sub-area, adhering to PMO process standards.
- Hire and balance project management staffing levels to ensure timely start and completion of projects.
- Coaching, mentoring and training Project Managers on IT PMO process, local policies and procedures.
- Support Project Management staff in estimating, proposals, approval routing, budget management & forecast to meet Finance, PMO reporting timelines.
- Pro-actively lead portfolio planning, statusing, risk mitigation activities and coordinate tightly with IT Management, as well as with business SMEs, IT architect, IT business analysts, developers to ensure projects, programs progress from Initiation, Planning, Design-Build, Transition to Production, Closure.
- Guide IT Management and Business Partners through process for assembling Project proposals and ensuring they obtain appropriate Approvals via steering groups.
- Coordinate with IT PMO to stage projects for Initiation phase and run the project or hand-off to Project Manager.
- Author project documentation including Program Charter, Budget Trackers, Portfolio Schedule, Status Dashboard, Timeline visuals - and guide other area Project Managers to follow IT PMO process and formats.
- Professionally prepare presentations for IT, Business executives to status, roadmap, strategize programs and projects
- Manage internal relationships with local and corporate IT business leadership, drive steering meetings for prioritization, escalation to obtain timely decisions
- Ensure qualified/validated solutions comply with FDA regulations throughout the solution lifecycle, working tightly with internal PCYC IT Validation and IT Quality SMEs.
- Monitor High Risk programs and projects, ensure optimal Risk Management plans exist.
Qualifications, Experience and Education Requirements:
- 7+ years of experience managing IT Programs with Pharma/BioTech IT Infrastructure
- Proven experience with Infrastructure Qualification, large scale infrastructure migrations/integrations.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact with different levels of management; ability to lead meetings with authority. Self-starter, works autonomously.
- Seasoned Infrastructure technical acumen, emphasis in Networking, Infrastructure, Security.
- 5+ years staff hiring and management.
- Project management experience in the Bio-Pharma, Life Sciences industry is mandatory.
- Skills: Program and Portfolio Management, SDLC, Business Analysis, Vendor Management, Meeting Management, Team Building and Leadership, Change Management.
- High Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications, especially PowerPoint.
- PMP certification or similar project management certification preferred.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both oral and written.
- Ability to create and deliver effective presentations, tailored to the audience.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled