We are seeking a highly motivated and scientifically rigorous individual to join the Research and Process Development team as an Associate Scientist. The position will report to the Director of the group and will focus on developing novel lipid nanoparticle (LNP) formulations for mRNA delivery.
- Provide formulations and perform characterization assays /data analysis with focus on in vivo studies, drug carrier design/development, assay development etc.
- Support formulation development activities related to formulation optimization with focus on potency and tolerability.
- Develop novel formulations for different ROAs.
- Contribute in writing/reviewing analytical method protocols & stability protocols.
- Prepare technical reports and presentations for clear communication of scientific findings across interdisciplinary teams.
- B.S./M.S. in Chemistry/Physical Chemistry/Chemical Engineering/Biochemistry
- 0 – 6 years of relevant experience in nucleic acid delivery with hands-on experience in lipid nanoparticle (LNP) formulations & characterization
- Direct experience with messenger RNA encapsulation/quantification/characterization/handling is preferred
- Proficiency in analytical techniques like HPLC/UPLC, DLS, CD, zeta potential, UV-Vis and fluorescence spectrophotometry etc. is preferreD
- Understanding and success in implementation of RNA-related analytics (Ribogreen, gel electrophoresis, capillary electrophoresis, etc.) is desired.
- Experience in developing lyophilized formulations would be advantageousWorks collaboratively within group as well as within interdisciplinary teams
- Manages time effectively demonstrating ability to perform multiple projects at one time
- Desire to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills