Health Technology Assessment (HTA) Senior Project Manager, Global Health Economics
The Health Technology Assessment (HTA) Senior Project Manager will play a critical role in Amgen's HTA Center of Excellence (COE). As Amgen expands into new markets and HTA proliferates worldwide, the number and complexity of these access and reimbursement submissions is growing substantially. As such, this is a global role that will engage with multiple functions at the global, regional and local affiliate levels across all Amgen's therapeutic areas to ensure cross-functional collaboration, efficient execution and timely delivery.
Under the direction of the HTA Director Project Management, the candidate will actively partner with other members of the HTA team and cross-functional colleagues to manage access and reimbursement deliverables, including US HTA initiatives (ICER assessments, AMCP submissions) and special projects, national reimbursement submissions, response to payer questions (RTQs) and global value dossiers (GVDs).
- Partner with key stakeholders to drive effective cross-functional team management including meeting facilitation, vendor coordination, internal and external partner collaboration, and the creation of project documentation including executive updates, strategy and overview decks, surveys and dashboards to communicate progress/accomplishments to executive leadership.
- Execute robust and efficient processes by leveraging the best internal and external insights for US HTA deliverables and national reimbursement submissions, including strategy meetings, dossier production, critical path activities, governance reviews and translation processes.
- Work closely with Amgen stakeholders to develop and manage high quality, cross-functional timelines/plans to meet country-specific HTA needs (across all targeted markets)
- Ensure alignment of deliverables with overall submission strategy, including partnering with vendors, active risk management as it relates to timelines, and communication planning.
- Prepare metrics and reporting tools that document progress and HTA COE activity (status slides/dashboards)
- Actively work to improve and strengthen HTA activities by developing a deep understanding of existing functional working process, documents, and key cross-functional interfaces.
Doctorate degree and 2 years of project management experience
Master's degree and 4 years of project management experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of project management experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of project management experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of project management experience
- 6+ years of Project Management experience, preferably in pharma industry.
- Significant experience with multi-level, multi-cultural interpersonal and organizational communications, including exemplary written, verbal and presentation skills.
- Strong background developing timelines, facilitating meetings, managing stakeholders, and issuing key communications.
- Strong oral and written communications skills; strong interpersonal skills; experience with
presenting program information to cross functional stakeholders
- Comfort with complexity and ambiguity, ability to think strategically and see the big picture, ability to collect, digest and assemble information to enable relevant business analyses and facilitate decision-making.
- Experience managing change in a complex, matrix organization.
- Seamless multi-tasking with the ability to quickly pivot between tasks/approaches/solutions to address urgent deliverables and competing priorities in a very fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- The ability to quickly incorporate feedback/guidance, while following established protocol and applying best practices/lessons learned.
- A solid understanding of how to operate in a supportive role on a highly matrixed, cross-functional, multi-level team.
- Exceptional attention to detail, polished professionalism, and executive-level interface experience.
- Good business acumen with the proven ability to influence organizations
- Expert skills in MS Project and MS Office suite of productivity tools
Amgen provides a collaborative and creative culture in a company with a strong track record of innovation. Our culture encourages open dialogue and diverse views to land on the best solutions, and we help ensure our staff are equipped to excel today and tomorrow.
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
Global Health Economics contributes by ensuring patient and payer perspectives are incorporated into the value generated for these innovative biologics. The department is committed to developing comprehensive evidence packages across cost modeling, database analysis, and patient reported outcomes to achieve unparalleled health technology submissions.