Application System Administrator
Known for its scientific and operational excellence, Regeneron is a leading science-based biopharmaceutical company that discovers, invents, develops, manufactures, and commercializes medicines for the treatment of serious medical conditions. Regeneron commercializes medicines for eye diseases, high LDL-cholesterol, atopic dermatitis and a rare inflammatory condition and has product candidates in development in other areas of high unmet medical need, including rheumatoid arthritis, asthma, pain, cancer and infectious diseases.
Summary: The Application System Administrator is responsible for the overall system maintenance and on-going support for a system or group of systems within the IOPS technology landscape. The individual provides configuration and support services to the assigned system or systems to meet end-user needs. Processes system change controls and documents and maintains configurations to ensure that systems remain in a validated state and in compliance with internal Regeneron guidelines if no validation is required. Writes or assists in the writing of test plans and test scripts and is responsible for user training.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Recommends and installs systems updates, patches, services packs, and hot fixes.
• Monitors applications for readiness, availability, and trend analysis.
• Identifies and resolves application inconsistencies and defects.
• Logs application support incidents and prepares appropriate resolution plans.
• Provides end-user support for assigned applications including troubleshooting problems at the application server level.
• Performs administration activities such as setting user accounts, roles, access, and privileges.
• Researches application problems and issues and prepares appropriate resolution plan.
• Responsible for application-specific documentation, including converting user requirement specifications to a detail design specification, writing configuration test plans, test scripts, and summary reports.
• Performs application monitoring and performance tuning.
• Processes appropriate application change control requests.
• Works with Validation and Quality Assurance departments to ensure applications are implemented in accordance with regulatory and corporate guidelines.
Knowledge and Skills:
o Demonstrated ability to interpret and document an extensive variety of business and technical processes.
o A demonstrated ability in creation of requirements, design documents and test scripts.
o Must be competent to work at the highest technical level of all phases of system design and implementation.
o Must show strong judgment and time management skills.
o Ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision both written and verbally together with strong presentation skills.
o Excellent interpersonal skills with strong customer service focus.
o Ability to anticipate client needs and propose alternative business solutions.
o Ability to work alone and as part of a team.
o Knowledge of GMP, 21 CFR Part 11 and Annex 11
o Experience in a Pharmaceutical, Biotech, Medical Devices or Research environment
Education and Experience:
• BA/BS in Information Technology or related field required.
• 2+ years of experience in a government regulated industry.
• 2+ years of hands-on experience with one or more technology solutions such as document management systems, project management systems, laboratory information management systems, learning management systems, database management systems, Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) or equivalent.
This is an opportunity to join our select team that is already leading the way in the Pharmaceutical/Biotech industry. Apply today and learn more about Regeneron's unwavering commitment to combining good science & good business.
To all agencies: Please, no phone calls or emails to any employee of Regeneron about this opening. All resumes submitted by search firms/employment agencies to any employee at Regeneron via-email, the internet or in any form and/or method will be deemed the sole property of Regeneron, unless such search firms/employment agencies were engaged by Regeneron for this position and a valid agreement with Regeneron is in place. In the event a candidate who was submitted outside of the Regeneron agency engagement process is hired, no fee or payment of any kind will be paid.
Regeneron is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.