Associate Director, Global Access & Pricing - ADC
Join a Legacy of Innovation 110 Years and Counting!
With over 100 years of scientific expertise and a presence in more than 20 countries, Daiichi Sankyo and its 15,000 employees around the world draw upon a rich legacy of innovation and a robust pipeline of promising new medicines to help people. In addition to a strong portfolio of medicines for hypertension and thrombotic disorders, under the Group's 2025 Vision to become a "Global Pharma Innovator with a Competitive Advantage in Oncology," Daiichi Sankyo research and development is primarily focused on bringing forth novel therapies in oncology, including immuno-oncology, with additional focus on new horizon areas, such as pain management, neurodegenerative diseases, heart and kidney diseases, and other rare diseases.
The Associate Director, Global Pricing & Access - ADC Franchise will both develop and execute the market access and pricing strategies for the ADC Franchise. This person will own the pricing and access strategy for current oncology assets as assigned and eventually take the lead on the future oncology assets in the pipeline as well as support future co-marketing / business development ventures and alliances This person will report to the Sr Director, Global Pricing & Access - Solid Tumor, and will be responsible for providing strategic and technical expertise to drive the success of DSI's ADC franchise.
With manager oversight, The individual will lead global pricing strategy development, access strategy development and partner with stakeholders in the development of innovative contracting solutions. The role spans a variety of payer archetypes and involves establishing strong working relationships with the Regional and Local Access leads and partnerships with global functions including but not limited to Commercial, Marketing, Medical, Clinical Development, Public & Government Affairs.
- Develop and execute on strategies to support the Value & Access team in the preparation and creation of optimal pricing/reimbursement/market access environment for the ADC Franchise
- Lead and conceptualize pricing and reimbursement research for the ADC Franchise assets to inform go to market strategies and pricing policies
- Ensure optimal access environment readiness when launching ADC assets by representing the Value and Access function to develop global strategies for ADC Franchise
- Lead Value & Access function for ADC Franchise market optimization and launch sequencing strategies
- Drive Value & Access function in business development opportunity & early pipeline product assessments by providing key inputs on potential pricing, expected access, and supporting fact-based rationale from industry benchmarking and/or payer research
- Influence and further the advancement of evolving pricing and reimbursement landscape by representing the DS Value & Access function externally at P&R and policy related forums
- Ensure compliance with legal requirements
- Contributes as an individual/matrix team member to the development and implementation of global pricing policies for assigned pharmaceutical products
- Responsible for pricing/payer research studies and development of pricing dossiers
- Partner with regional and local pricing representatives to ensure relevant pricing requirements for products are identified and incorporated into the pricing strategy and pricing targets that are prepared by the global pricing group.
- Develop and execute on new models that look beyond our current way of pricing medicines
- Lead value-added analytic support as needed, leveraging multiple data sources to support the development of rational strategic and defensible pricing strategy recommendations, to inform decision making and make recommendations for new data sources
- Lead data gathering and analysis to identify appropriate methods of analysis
- Manage the conducting and moderating of interviews and advisory board discussions with payers and KOLs in collaboration with project lead
Successful candidates will be able to meet the qualifications below with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Qualified candidates must have a Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university; Masters Degree or higher in relevant field preferred.
- 7+ years of experience in the health care field, including significant experience in pricing, reimbursement and market access for pharmaceuticals; oncology experience preferred
- Experience developing global launch pricing strategy, including assessment of optimal launch sequence, and global/regional launch price corridors
- Proven track record in pricing research and a strong technical understanding of best practices for assessing optimal pricing strategies (e.g., payer research methods, qualitative and quantitative pricing assessments, and awareness/understanding of international reference pricing)
- Experience in developing value messages and general communication strategy related to payers for US and global markets.
- Sound knowledge of global healthcare systems and pricing and reimbursement requirements, and ability to tailor strategies to a diverse set of market types including US, EU and emerging markets
- Strong project management skills; demonstrable experience in managing multiple cross-functional projects and external vendors
- Experience in affiliate level market access function desirable
- Knowledge of contracting and tendering in the EU and Asia Pacific Market is a plus
- Proficiency in another language preferred to support the EU market preferred (Italian, German, Danish, Swedish, Norwegian)
- Strong analytical skills including the ability to understand complex concepts, develop analyses from multiple sources, synthesize into clear and concise information that are responsive to business needs
- Proficient leadership, influencing, strategic planning and organization, decision making, problem solving skills, financial analytics and assessment skills, manages resources effective
- Sense of urgency and delivery orientation
- Exceptional partnering abilities, communication and interpersonal skills and ability to build alignment and influence across internal functions, geographies, regions
- Abides by policies and procedures to ensure consistency with the organization's mission and directives
- Familiarity with various types and sources of health care information, including financial and patient-level data files, preferred
- Knowledge / experience of international reference pricing and the usage of pricing & IRP tools to build a launch sequence strategy
- Knowledge of clinical trial designs preferred
- Basic understanding of HEOR and its impact on pricing and access preferred
- Strong knowledge of the Global access landscape and US managed markets environment, including major stakeholders (payers, IDNs, LPPs, GPOs, etc.) is preferred
Ability to travel up to 10% (Domestic and Global)
Daiichi Sankyo, Inc. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Associate Director, Global Access & Pricing - ADC
Global Market Access & Pricing