Commercial Engagement Senior Manager - Enterprise Engineering and Analytics
Amgen's Enterprise Engineering and Analytics (EEA) team is seeking an Engagement Manager to serve as the strategic interface between EEA and the Global Commercial (i.e. Sales and Marketing) function. The role will be based out of Amgen's global headquarters in Thousand Oaks, CA. The Engagement Manager will report to the Senior Manager of Advanced Analytics.
EEA's mission is to advance Amgen's ability to build intelligent solutions and generate insights by partnering with clients in both the business and other IS functions to build enterprise grade software engineering and analytics platforms that can be leveraged across Amgen.
The Engagement Manager, also known as a Principal IS (Information Systems) Architect, serves a key leadership role within EEA. The role will serve as:
- A Strategist - by helping shape the engineering and analytics strategy of the clients as well as shaping the strategy of EEA platforms
- An Evangelist - by building a critical mass of support and adoption of EEA platforms by sharing their benefits and value to clients
- An Advocate - by becoming the voice of the user and gathering feedback to shape EEA's platforms to become what they need to be
- An Architect - by partnering with engineers and clients to make high-level design choices for client solutions
The Engagement Manager is responsible for promoting EEA's vision, value, services and capabilities with CIO staff and executive leadership across the Commercial function. Additionally, the Engagement Manager will define the communication, client engagement and change management strategy for EEA through working directly with EEA's senior leadership. Additional responsibilities will include developing, shaping, and managing the work from the Commercial clients into EEA's delivery teams and monitoring service delivery back to the clients. The Engagement Manager will also partner with clients during budget and portfolio times to shape the roadmaps and portfolios.
Key Activities of the Engagement Manager include:
- Communicates EEA's strategy, capabilities, and services to senior IS leadership
- Develops portfolio of client facing projects for EEA
- Co-develops analytics roadmaps for client facing area
- Develops high level solution architecture, feature, and capability assessments for client projects in conjunction with other AKM leaders
- Defines EEA communication and education plan for client teams
- Monitors and oversees portfolio and service delivery to client
Doctorate degree and 2 years of Information Systems experience
Master's degree and 4 years of Information Systems experience
Bachelor's degree and 6 years of Information Systems experience
Associate's degree and 10 years of Information Systems experience
High school diploma / GED and 12 years of Information Systems
- 2+ years' experience in communication and influencing executive management
- 2+ years' experience with Analytics, Business intelligence, Search, Dev Ops, and/or Big Data technology projects
- 2+ years' experience with software engineering projects
- Big 5 consulting or equivalent experience
- Experience defining roadmaps and strategies with clients
- Understanding of the Commercial pharmaceutical domain
- Hands on development of analytics project business cases
- Understanding of Agile delivery methodology specifically with scrum master or product owner roles
Amgen is committed to unlocking the potential of biology for patients suffering from serious illnesses by discovering, developing, manufacturing and delivering innovative human therapeutics. This approach begins by using tools like advanced human genetics to unravel the complexities of disease and understand the fundamentals of human biology.
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.