Tissue Culture/Cell Production Manager
Who we are:
NeuCyte is an early stage biotechnology company that focuses on developing treatments for those suffering from neurological and neurodegenerative disorders. We develop translatable cell-based assays for modeling neuro related disorders using patient-derived and genetically-engineered neural cell types to discover novel therapeutics. Based on our SynFire® technology, our proprietary human neural in vitro platforms assess complex electrophysiological and morphological readouts suited for target identification and validation, as well as drug efficacy testing.
What we’re looking for:
NeuCyte is seeking a highly motivated Tissue Culture/Cell Production Lab Manager who will be responsible for managing cell production, QC, and banking, as well as supervising and training staff. The successful candidate has a strong background in all aspects of tissue culture and has managed and led a team in a tissue culture lab. Applicants must be able to keep up with the fast pace of a small biotech company and work on multiple projects at a time.
What you’ll do:
- Oversee and perform daily activities related to the production and maintenance of various in-house cell lines, including iPSCs, their reprogramming from primary cell lines, and the conversion of different neuronal and glial cell types from iPSCs to use in our in vitro models.
- Develop, optimize, and implement detailed, standardized protocols and ensure documentation for all activities related to tissue culture, providing the oversight and leadership of technical procedures.
- Oversee general tissue culture lab management, including maintaining stocks of media, reagents, and consumables, in compliance with all biohazard safety requirements, as well as maintaining and calibrating equipment.
- Assist with the recruitment and training of staff, contribute to staff development and completion of the team milestones, and conduct annual reviews of direct reports.
- Liaise with cross-functional teams across NeuCyte and provide the leadership and processes necessary to facilitate and maximize productivity and quality of work associated with cell production and maintenance.
- Ph.D., or M. S. in Biology or equivalent.
- 4+ years of cell biology experience in an academic or industrial tissue culture facility.
- 1+ year of tissue culture and laboratory management experience.
- Experience with stem cell and mammalian cell culture. Neural culture experiences would be a plus.
- Expertise with cell scale-up and cell banking is desirable.
- Outstanding planning, organizational, and documentation skills.
- Excellent collaborative and interpersonal skills to work in a cross-functional team and to communicate well with research associates and scientists.
- Strong leadership skills and ability to motivate a team to achieve company goals.
- Competitive salary and benefits
NeuCyte is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect and celebrating diversity.