Senior Associate IS Security Engineer, DLP Engineer
Amgen is searching for a Senior Associate IS Security Engineer covering Data Loss Prevention (DLP). This Sr. Associate will report to the Specialist IS Security Engineer and will be based in Tampa, FL, at Amgen's Capability Center. At Amgen, our mission is simple: to serve patients. Our new Tampa Capability Center provides essential services that enable us to better pursue this mission. This state-of-the art center serves as a base for finance, information systems, cyber security and human resources professionals to make a meaningful impact at one of the world's leading biotechnology companies.
As Sr. Associate IS Security Engineer, you will be a technical generalist for Data Protection.You will be part of the Data Protection team, and will be responsible to operate, manage and improve Amgen's DLP solutions. This position will be responsible for delivering data protection services across Amgen's global enterprise. The Sr. Associate will work with other engineers and business units to help design, build, administer/configure, and implement critical preventive and data protection controls related to the protection of Amgen data.
- Maintain the service delivery and working order of Amgen DLP solution across Amgen's global enterprise
- Execute Amgen service management processes such as Incident Management, Change Management, Service Requests, etc. for Amgen's DLP solution
- Assist in the design and improvement of Amgen's data security technologies and solutions
- Develops, implements, and sustains operational scripts, data structures, libraries and programming code that optimize security in emergent compute patterns with diverse applications throughout the global environment
- Analyzes, designs, develops and operates programs, shell scripts, tests, and infrastructure automation capabilities in an advanced security context
- Collaborates cross-functionally with analysts, engineers, data scientists to achieve continuous improvement in cyber defense/resilience
- Manage and perform DLP event review to include business engagement, manager escalations, legal holds and executive reporting
- Work with business subject matter experts to collect, analyze, create, tune and automate DLP policy sets
- Analyze events and logs for suspicious activity and opportunities to improve DLP policies and confiurations
- Assist Incident Response team in case of investigations with DLP technology
- Review, approve, implement changes and application integrations with our DLP solution
- Participate in regular meetings and conference calls with the client, IT, business stakeholders and vendors to help ensure DLP technical coverage for new or existing projects across the business
- Perform system owner responsibilities including upgrade and deployment of DLP technologies
- Linux/Windows OS Knowledge
- Experience with DLP and Endpoint Technologies for a global enterprise
- Good understanding on how security technologies and data flows (on-prem / cloud) integrate
- DevOps experience building and deploying infrastructure with cloud deployment, build and test automation technologies like ansible, chef, puppet, docker, jenkins, etc.
- Experience programming in compiled (C, C++) and interpreted languages (Python, Ruby etc.)
- Skilled programmer with sufficient experience in high level programming languages such as C++, C#, Java, Python,Visual Basic
- Moderate experience reading and writing documentation for Infrastructure Security implementations
- Basic experience with ITIL processes such as Incident/Problem/Configuration/Change management
- Experience in complex enterprise environments and current technology areas like messaging, cloud, and mobility
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Effective working with global, virtual teams
- Successful management of multiple priorities
- Team-oriented, placing priority on the successful completion of team goals
- Self-starter with a high degree of initiative
- Experience with regulated systems (GxP, SOX) in the pharmaceutical, biotechnology, healthcare industry
- Excellent analytical and troubleshooting skills
Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Information Systems, or Computer Science and 2 years' experience
Associate degree in Engineering, Information Systems, or Computer Science and 6 years' experience
High school diploma / GED and 8 years' experience in Engineering, Information Systems, or Computer Science
Systems Security Certified Practitioner (SSCP) or Security+
CISSP or equivalent security-related industry certifications
Amgen focuses on areas of high unmet medical need and leverages its expertise to strive for solutions that improve health outcomes and dramatically improve people's lives. A biotechnology pioneer since 1980, Amgen has grown to be one of the world's leading independent biotechnology companies, has reached millions of patients around the world and is developing a pipeline of medicines with breakaway potential.
The invaluable contributions of our talented Tampa team will help us develop the vital and innovative medicines that treat serious illness and unmet medical needs around the globe.