Research Associate III, Protein Engineering (3)
Research Associate 3, Protein Engineering - D4
Hiring Manager: Andy Deng, Feng Wang, Peter Lee, Conjugations
We are seeking a skilled and enthusiastic protein engineer at a Research Associate level to join the Protein Engineering Group. The candidate will be expected to work on a variety of protein engineering projects to optimize and generate differentiated antibody therapeutic leads.
• Participate in protein engineering efforts to optimize variable and constant domains of antibodies.
• Protein expression of various antigens and antibodies in multiple expression systems (mammalian, insect, yeast, and E. coli)
• Protein purification utilizing variety of methods (affinity, ion-exchange, hydrophobic, size-exclusion chromatography)
• Perform complex experiments with strong attention to detail and documentation.
• Excellent written and oral skills are necessary.
• Accomplish goals under project team time lines.
• BS degree with 5+ years of industry experience or MS degree with 2+ years of industry experience. The degree should be in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Molecular and Cell Biology, Structural biology, or similar field.
• Experience in generation and characterization of protein and antibody variants.
• Extensive experience and knowledge in molecular biology, protein expression, purification, and characterization.
• Excellent time management and organizational skills.
• Experience with display technologies a plus
• Ability to work in a multidisciplinary biologics discovery team.